1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! SCREWED MY MATES XBOX ERROR CODE 6

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by AUZPSP, Apr 16, 2007.

1. AUZPSP

AUZPSP Member

hi all
    i have a chipped xbox but i formatted the drive and left it so i ended up with the clock error (error 16)
    so i got my mates xbox and pulled the hard drive out and put it in mine after reading this somewhere and it fixed mine

problem is his is only soft modded and i unlocked and relocked he's hard drive in my machine and now when i run his drive in his xbox i have error code 5 (unlocked) or 6 (locked)
    i realize the xbox can unlock the drive but what can i do??
    PLS PLS PLS HELP!! I dont want to have to give him my chipped xbox because i screwed his up

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Take a look at this. There is some great info in there about the errors your are encountering and how to fix them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  3. AUZPSP

AUZPSP Member

yer did read that it pretty much says im screwed!!

thanxs anyways

4. steimy

steimy Active member

every hard drive has an EEPROM file that pretty much locks it to their system. So fixing your chipped system with his hard drive was a bad idea. You could have just got a new hard drive or an auto installer disc.

only thing i can think of is to hotswap the hard drive into a PC and use xboxhdm to build it back to retail. This will of course format it clean and you will lose everything on it, and have to resoftmod it when your done building it.

5. AUZPSP

AUZPSP Member

thanks for your ideas

i could maybe back up the drive first then use xboxhdm as you said then possibly restore the games etc back

do you think this would work and what prog could i use to back it up?

also would setting the drive back to retail with xboxhdm allow the xbox to read the locked drive
    does it set the drive back to the original locked state to match the bios of the xbox?

cheers

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Unlock his drive in your xbox.. have a look in the E:\ backup\eeprom folder and see if you have an eeprom.bin file.. If so use xboxhdm to relock the drive to that eeprom pass..
    If no eeprom.bin file...Install your chip temp in his xbox, then lock his drive in his xbox.. remove your chip.. Simple.

7. AUZPSP

AUZPSP Member

thanks for your reply
    i have never soldered so option b is out ill probley destroy both xboxs
    with option a if the eeprom file is there it should be the original eeprom file so unlocking and relocking in my chipped machine should not have modified that file in any way ...... true?

thanxs again

8. AUZPSP

AUZPSP Member

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP DROPPED IT IN FOR A MODCHIP TODAY

SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM