1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Swapping Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by iguanahot, Aug 29, 2007.

1. iguanahot

iguanahot Guest

Ok So I am really new to this whole modding thing and I just recently got an xbox but anyways I had a 160gb hard drive that I made sure was compatible and I made a backup of my origional drive and swapped it out but then once i ran it I couldnt get my unleashx to work I would type in the name for the track and it would act like it was starting then it would run through the credits then reboot the xbox so I thought that if I reinstalled unleashx it would work but it wouldnt let copy any songs to the hard drive and that was the only way I knew how to unlock the hard drive so I took it out and put it into my computer and unlocked it and reinstalled unleashx and then when I went to lock it the drive started making this loud clicking noise so I am assuming it is dead and now I have another hard drive that I want to put in it and I think is compatible because I checked the list but I read on someone else's post that if it was lockable it would work with any xbox but on th chart it said it was compatible with a v1.6 xbox and mine is a v1.0 xbox. The hard drive is a hitachi 200gb hdd model # HDS722525VLAT80 and I need to know what to do so that I can get my softmod to work which is unleashx with ndure.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Ok, ouch!

Try use some punctuation dude!

Read my tutorials to find out all you need to know, you're HDD should be fine!

3. iguanahot

iguanahot Guest

sorry I typed this kindof fast because I really needed to know if that drive worked cause I am buying a new SATA drive for my comp and using my old one for my xbox. Also I was really frustraited that I killed my 160gb hdd >_<