1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help..........the files are .mdf????????????

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mike14, Dec 30, 2004.

1. mike14

mike14 Member

i downloaded the sims 2. it came in 4 folders with each was its own cd(it has four cd's) i went into eachfolder and extracted the files to get 1 .mdf file and 1 .mds file. the mds is like 700mb andf the other is like 125kb. the other folders are basicly the same after i extracted them. (diffrences in sizes) so what do i do with the .mdf files because there not images, i think!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  2. Renas

Renas Member

The extensions .mdf and .mds are Alcohol 120%'s image files. You can use any program such as Isobuster or UltraIso to open the Image files, or Alcohol120% and Nero to burn the image directly to a cd.

3. mike14

mike14 Member

thanks, but i figured out what to do. nbut now i need to install direct x9.0 to install it but my brand new computer wont install it?

ps.another question, i use ares. and i downloaded a file which had a virus. my norton couldn't delete it, quarintine it or anythin. so i decided to delete my whole shared folder to get rid of it. would i still be infected????

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  4. Renas

Renas Member

You can always scan your computer again with Norton. Generally if you didn't open the virus, but just detected it and deleted the file there's nothing to worry about. If you see anything that is deleted or something that is wrong with your operating system then your computer's infected and just reformat it.

5. mike14

mike14 Member

ok thanks. its just i got this computer like 2 days ago and ill get in sh?t if i fuc? it up

6. _viper_

_viper_ Member

it's called "search" .. on this site it is above, next to that white space, which is ironically next to a little button that says "GO".

learn it. use it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004