1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!! windows crashs after I shut down the monitor.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tripplite, May 15, 2007.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

This just Happened out of the blue, i never "over used" my computer, everything was fine until when every I shut off the monitor and left the computer running, when i would come back the screen would be the same but i can't move the mouse or do any tasks, it's frozen, but as long as i am using it or as long as i leave the monitor on everything is fine.

Is it my crappy dell monitor or windows???

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

if you have a system recovery disc you can use that to fix it, have you tried starting in safe mode? and it is probably windows not your monitor

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ya my mcafee security has this option (recovery disc), but still can you explain what a systeme recovery does, expand on it please

how do you make a recovery disc using windows??

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

okay expand on this explain to me the effets +/- of a recovery disc and how to make one any one pleaz

5. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

well you dont make one, it will come with the computer. if you dont have one try to go into safe mode and undo any changes made recently