1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a mod please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jack347, Mar 19, 2007.

1. jack347

jack347 Member

Hi. I've been wanting to mod my Xbox for a long time but can't decide whether do just softmod it or get a chip.

I want to: install a larger hard drive, run XBMC with movies off of my hard drive, run backup games off of the hard drive, run emulators, and any other cool things I may have missed :)

I do own Splinter Cell (Platinum edition if it matters) so I think with that I can do a soft mod.

I will need to buy an Xbox to do the mod on so is there any model number I should be looking for when buying it used?

Thanks a lot!!!

P.S. Once I finally do the mod is there anyway to move large files (like movies, game backups) easily to the Xbox without having to burn DVD's? Like is there a way to network it or something?

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

You could do all you asked with either one. But with a modchip, you might have to get a specific version of xbox, and considering that you already have splinter cell, I would suggest that you softmod. But remember, if you make a mistake with a softmod, then it won't be as easy to fix as if youy had a modchip. Yes, if you have a large harddrive then you should be able to just copy games to the harddrive from the dashboard or ftp it into your xbox.

3. jack347

jack347 Member

Ok thanks I'll do a softmod. I bet if I follow the guide I'll be fine.

Can any one confirm that the Platinum edition of Splinter Cell works?