1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with backing up images and services please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by strummer2, Jan 8, 2007.

1. strummer2

strummer2 Member

Hi all,

Have read that it is important to back up the image and services that I have flashed to the box. Guides seem to suggest that in dbox menu under services should be an option to update software, on my Nokia box there is not an option like that only an image update.

Anyone offer any help advice,

Thanks

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

image update and software update are the same function buddy, its used for manually flashing the box. Backing up the image and service files mean that you keep a copy of them on your computer, just incase your box fcuks up or you happen to delete your channel list. Its most important to keep a hold of your service.xml and boquet files more than anything, because to be honest they are a pain in the **** to get a hold of lol.

Hope that helps

3. strummer2

strummer2 Member

thanks dude,
    when I select image update, then select backup Image I get the following options

BR bootloader
    FLFS (U-Boot)
    root (jffs2)
    Flash without bootloader
    Complete Flash

Should I select flash without bootloader or complete flash?

Sorry if this is the thickest question ever and thanks

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Dont worry bout it mate , we all gotta start somewhere . Select flash without bootloader, you should then see your image that your gonna flash - select that then let the process run through. It will automaticly reboot the box once the flashing process has been completed. Then its just the case of loading the service xmls on and away ya go. Need any more help just post here

Hope that helps buddy

5. strummer2

strummer2 Member

cheers again!!

its all good up until "Then its just the case of loading the service xmls on"

could you give me a bit more info on how to do this mate and should I do services and bouquets?

your help's much appreciated

6. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Service.xml and boquet files can be loaded on if you already have them on your comp for your area?, what you do is basicly download a program called flashfxp. Then you goto your dbox click dbox-setting-network , take a note of the ip adress and change your comps to one higher. For example if its 192.168.0.22 then change your comps to 192.168.0.23, Subnet mask should remain 255.255.255.0 and default gateway should remain 192.168.0.1 on both dbox and pc. If their not those settings just change them. That should allow you to connect with your dbox, after that you will see folders once you connect, goto tuxbox/config/zappt, then just copy the service.xml and boquet.xml files to there. Pm me your email il send ya a guide on how to do other basics that my m8 made. Dont hesitate to ask any more questions mate.

All the best

7. strummer2

strummer2 Member

have PM'd my email address to you, I really appreciate the help mate