1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with flashing my Spider Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DANAD, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jsellnow

jsellnow Member

How do I get a bios for my Spider Chip? I've looked around on-line, but I can't one. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

2. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

yo Reliq. the spider chip has a unlock/lock hdd in the setting cant i just do that instead of doing all that?

3. warlox

warlox Guest

oh it gets worse guyz! i hooked my burner up to my xbox (ide cable to xbox, power supply of computer.)and low and behold it loaded the frigging bios!! buuuut, upon loading the stinking bios, in this god forsaken chip, the instant it flashed-blam!!! the screen went blank and the xbox cut off. i turned off the chip and turned on the xbox. the green screen comes on (the one that says xbox), but there was no microsoft. it gets better than that...3 seconds later i get error 7, which means there is a hard drive error. wtf??!! what can i do? will hotswapping help me reload the bios?? HEEELLLP!!!!

4. warlox

warlox Guest

not the bios-i meant the microsoft dash board

5. osanekun

osanekun Member

warlox,
    sounds like you successfully loaded the Bios if you get the green blurb animation. What Bios did you load? X2, M8?
    The reason you got the error is because you dont have a Dashboard loaded yet (like Evox). The easiest is to use an auto installer. I suggest the Auto installer from xbox-hq, you gotta pay a donation of $5 but its well worth the cost especially all the other things you can download, another choice is the Slayers Auto installer.
    Also a few questions, what version xbox do you have and did you put in a new hard drive or do you still have the original HD in there?

6. warlox

warlox Guest

the chip must be dead, because when i turn it on, it blanks out 3 times then gives me flashing red and green eject button, with it off-error 7. i took it out, still get error 7.

7. bagong

bagong Member

btw how do u guys know that the hardist is unlok or lock...sorry kind of noob here.

8. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

Ok i used the modchip 2 unlock the hdd.. and my comp found it.. I tryed flashing and it sits at found bios... the thing just hanges..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  9. Trotsky37

Trotsky37 Member

I have the spiderchip 1.1 on my brand spanking new 1.6 box and it works fine. The wires were a little fragile and one of the pogo pins I had to finesse to get it to extend out all the way but other than that installation was a breeze. My box has the samsung drive and it read my bios.bin, the evox m8+_16, off of a Memorex CD-RW burnt in ISO9660 mode off my ND-1300a DVDwriter using Roxio EZ CD Creator 6, with no problems. I must admit I tried one of my cheap CD-Rs first and it wouldnt work. So, all in all I'd give the Spiderchip a thumbs up.

Got the chip in the mail on Friday morning and I'm playing backed up games today on Saturday afternoon.

10. issati

issati Member

hey
    I have a xenium 2.0 and i used the instant boot from hard drive. now i dont know how to uninstant boot it. I DONT LIKE THIS THING AND I HAVE TO FORMAT MY C DRIVE BUT I CANT, because i cant get to that red screen. Dose anyone know how we can go back to the norman form? how to turn of the instant boot????
    PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. bonddong

bonddong Member

I have been trying to make a flash cd for my spider chipv1.1 i have a x box v1.0 and the only bios I have is X2_4983.06 can i take my x box hard drive out and hook it up to my computer and move the flash to the x box hard drive would that work if so how do I go about doing that.