1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jono, Oct 15, 2002.

1. bohol

bohol Guest

any model abcd will work as I understand.the serial no on the box should start like this
    D1500xxxx or A b c. To be sure I picked out the one which started with the D
    I do not know about VHS but I would think that it could be done on the Panasonic with no problem. Using one of the inputs using rca jacks.

2. bohol

bohol Guest

yes the 1500 does play DVD-r that is what I have made.

3. dkohl

dkohl Member

and what dvd-r brand media are you using???
    thanks in advance.

4. bohol

bohol Guest

Panasonic right now. I have ten that came as a bonus with the machine. However, I am going to buy bulk at $.58 per unit off the web. There are many out there just search for compatability. Good luck!

5. mepirate

mepirate Member

I bought bulk dvd-r's from supermediastore.com. In fact, I just bought another 100 yesterday for $60. After finalizing the DVD, they play in all 3 of my DVD players.

6. bohol

bohol Guest

can you be more definitive? I just went over there and did not see anything at 100 for $60!

7. dkohl

dkohl Member

I have had bad luck with maxell. Wat is the brand of your mass purchased ones? I have Accu whihc works on my playstaiton 2 but I have not been able to get them to work on anything else(except the HS2). I will trythe Apex tonight. But I think youhave to be careful what you use.

8. bohol

bohol Guest

Supermedia is advertizing DVD-R media Combo Pack: OPTODISC 100 Pack Perfect for Panasonic HS2, DMR-E30 DVDR $0.86 each plus DVD Case 100pack, Free Ground Shipping

Regular price: $188.00
    Sale price: $121.00
    The math to me says $1.21 per disk not $.86 but appears to have the case. If so, not a bad deal,I looked elsewhere and found $.86 but on a spindle.

9. bohol

bohol Guest

DVD-R media Combo Pack: OPTODISC 100 Pack Perfect for Panasonic HS2, DMR-E30 DVDR $0.86 each plus DVD Case 100pack, Free Ground Shipping

Regular price: $188.00
    Sale price: $121.00
    I guess my first reply did not go through. This looks as if it includes the case. Not too bad as the other one I found was $.86 per 100 on a spindle

10. bohol

bohol Guest

It seems I cannot leave a reply or the system is just slow. I will try again as a test ......

11. mepirate

mepirate Member

DVD-R Media by DvdPro 100 pack, 4.7GB DvdPro DVDR , (DVD-R Blank Media) 100pack dvdr. I also received a discount of $5 by entering a coupon that I received in an e-mail. The coupon was dvdpro5. I just checked the website and they still are $65.

12. bohol

bohol Guest

mepirate
    I just checked the site and found the media you mentioned. I read the info and it stated that is was not compatible for Pioneer and Panasonic 32 recorder. Have you used these on the DMR-HS2? From what I read I would be hesitant!

13. mepirate

mepirate Member

You're right. I ordered different ones last time. I guess I'll let you know if they work. They're scheduled to arrive next Wednesday.

14. dkohl

dkohl Member

Just finished fiddling with myn new Apex1500 it was a C1500 serial number and I thing I am making a backup copy of Big Daddy...no warnigns came on the screen...and best news yet it played several DVDs I made...even the Maxells which my playstation2 refused to recognize. I bought it at Fryes and paid too much. $114. I am reading about people egtting them for $49 but it works!!!

15. jrpatel

jrpatel Guest

I have purchased Panasonic DMR-HS2 and I have four SVCDs to copy on hard drive and then make one DVD. I have Samsung DVD-S222 which plays SVCD. Can I connect Samsung to HS2 and copy these SVCDs and burn to HS2. Also any one know how to make Samsung DVD-S222 Macrovision diabling technics.

Thanks

16. bohol

bohol Guest

http://www.nerd-out.com/darrenk/
    Go to this site and you should find out about firmware upgrade if possible for your particular machine. All directions are availabe there!

17. mepirate

mepirate Member

I received the DVD-R Media by DvdPro 100 pack yesterday. They work great in the DMR-HS2. I successfully created a DVD from a TV show and got it to play on my DVD players (Sanyo and Akai).

18. bohol

bohol Guest

mepirate I am happy to hear about that! I have used up all of my discs and need to order. I will follow your lead. All my copies so far are working fine. Knock on wood!

19. tallone

tallone Member

I recently received the panasonic DMR-HS2 and would like to be able to backup some of my dvd's. I have a sony dvd player model dvp-f21 that does not allow me to make backups. I have read about the Apex AD-1500 and went to Circuit City but they no longer carry it. If I do find one or another one as long as macro is disabled will I be able to plug it into the back of my panasonic and make a backup copy of a dvd? Thanks everyone

20. mepirate

mepirate Member

The next step for me is also to hook the apex 1500 up to my dmr-hs2. I also went to Circuit City and did not find out. However, I did find it a Walmart.com. They're also available on ebay. However, if it doesn't work, I can always take the dvd player back to a Wal-mart store. My apex 1500 is scheduled to arrive between 1/23 and 1/30.