1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PS3's blu-ray player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by omegared, Jan 8, 2008.

1. omegared

omegared Member

So, I've had an HD-DVD player for a while now and have used component cables. I just recently got a PS3, but decided to buy an HDMI cable for it because it only came with composite cables. It came with Spider-Man 3 in Blu-Ray, but I can't seem to get my picture right. It seems like it's not as detailed as my hd dvd movies. Is it because I don't have the settings right? Does it automatically go to 1080p? I've usually got my xbox 360 hooked up on 1080i, so should I manually change the settings? When I first hooked up the HMDI chord, the PS3 changed it's video settings to maximum. Is the PS3 even a good Blu-Ray player?

Sorry if this sounds like a vs thread, that is not my intention. I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong.

2. omegared

omegared Member

Just tried to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Blu-Ray, and the same problems with Spider-Man 3. There seems to be a bit of fuzziness, and a lack of detail all around, although it's considerably better than regular dvd.

3. roger32

roger32 Member

In order to setup your HDMI properly you will need to go into the system setup, under display settings you must choose to have your PS3 connect to your TV via HDMI. I am not sure what issues you are having but I have no issues in relation to the two movies you listed. Double check to make sure that your other settings are correct as well (read your owner's manual). The PS3 has been compared against stand alone Blu-ray players and has outperformed them.

4. omegared

omegared Member

Thank you very much. I didn't know that the PS3 was better than a stand-alone player, and even cheaper! The picture looks a lot better too!