1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with recording from TV card please !!!!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by davidh96, Jun 8, 2004.

1. davidh96

davidh96 Member

Hey guys, I could really use your help at the moment.

I just got a wintv card. And suprise suprise there are a few problems. Watching TV is fine, the picture quality is excellent as is the sound. However, when I try and record, the sound is awful quality, what's more it is completely out of sync. Is there another, decent free video program ? or is there a way to solve this problem ?

Anyone have any suggestions ?

thanks very much.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Only solution I know of is to get rid of that Piece of Crap and get something better....
    The Hauppague WinTV cards are Notorius for being some of the Worst TV cards ever made...I have owned 2 of them One was a PCI card and one was a USB device and they Both were big Mistakes.....There are Good Quality TV cards out there with 10Bit decoder Chips that Capture Very good Quality video and for under $50...I think i am going to replace My ATI Radeon VIVO with one in a few days....well good luck