1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Sims cds 2-4

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by alphoenix, Oct 8, 2004.

1. alphoenix

alphoenix Member

Hi everyone! I am new here so this is my first post. Here is my issue: I want to make a backup of my sims 2 game. I heard that the cds 2-4 dont have any protection at all. So how would I burn them. Would I have to create an image file (presets?)and then burn it, or can I just burn it on the fly (cd to cd)?

Help is appreciated.

Ps. How can I backup my cd 1. I already made the image files using alcohol 120%. But how would I burn it. I have a toshibe R-2312. Would this burner work to create a working copy or would I have to enable emulation in order to play?

Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The Toshiba R-2312 should do quite nicely burning your game. If you already have an image of the play disc made by A120 then it should just be a matter of using A120's Image Burning Wizard to burn it back to disc. Be sure to use the "SafeDisc 2/3" profile and set your write speed to 4X. If the copy doesn't work try making a new image with the read speed set to 4X and if that doesn't work you may need to use emulation.

For the rest of discs I'd use the "Normal CD" profile with A120 :)