1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with WD 3 TB

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by FaisalBhatti, Mar 19, 2014.

1. FaisalBhatti

FaisalBhatti Newbie

Wd 3 TB my book essential hung on me last night, i waited for 3 hours to let it resolve it itself but i had no choice to turn it off. it was connected to a WD TV and i was watching a movie on it .So after i restartet the both my devices the WD TV was fine but the hard drive is no longer detectable on my MAC or the WD TV device's. i tried replacing the transfer cable but still no luck. it just keeps blinking. i wanted to reset the hard disk but there is no reset pinhole button anywhere.its really frustrating as my family home videos are on it which are priceless. I'm sure the software needs to close down properly and restarted again on the hard drive. please please someone help.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is it under warranty?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It would most probably void the warranty if you attempted to open it to get access to the hdd assuming there's security stickers on it,it would be best to either take it to a local WD approved repairer to get the hdd out to use in the computer directly or another external housing or contact WD directly to ask permission,either way you'll need access to the hdd to retrieve the data if the hdd isn't stuffed,lastly one drive is never enough not even two is enough to store stuff on unless you can afford to loose that data

4. FaisalBhatti

FaisalBhatti Newbie

no its not under warranty.

thank you guys for the help. i guess ill have to take it to the WD guys here.

thanks a ton.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member