1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoax: man turns G5 into PC, mac users go nuts.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Bitcount, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Yet more proof that some people just have way too much time on their hands.

A computer technician calling himself Andy posted a story on Overclockers about how he had turned a brand new 3000$(US) G5 into a PC. He did not actually do, but made it just believable to drive some members of the MAC community off the wall. Here the link with explanation and original letter. enjoy. http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That is way too funny. I am really surprised the out rage of the Mac users. If I were a mac user I would have just asked for the parts. The PC hybrid does look good though.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No kidding! The guy needs to change identities for a while for his own safety.

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

ROFLMAO. This is stupid to the point where even Tom Green's Show can't contest. Those Mac users really need to get a life. LMAO Crying over someone who they don't know just because they thought the guy wasted $3000 to do something he could have gotten with $2500. ROFFle. Keep these funny stories coming.

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

that was great- and the reactions were hillarious-

anyway if it were real why waste $3000 on a mac when you can get 2x the PC power for $1500?

6. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

What i wanna know is what's the big deal with Mac users? It's like they have some persecution complex mixed with an unhealthy devotion to their machine, and i remind them that that's all it is, a MACHINE.

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

its because there FREAKS- the funniest thing you can do to a mac user is say "windows is better" and they freak out making idiot comparisons. In one forum argument a mac user actualy said apple was inovative for titanium laptops (cause they have a friggin piece of metal screwed on them). Why would anyone spend the obsene price for a pice of shit that cant run any recognized program and is half as fast and has half the feature of a pc thats half the price. The only good thing about a mac is it looks nice on your desk when your not using it (witch will be most of the time)

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I don`t think I would agree that PC`s are faster. I am definitly not a Mac person. But mac, especially a G5 will blow any PC that is same price or cheaper out of the water. They are insainly fast, but they have no programs. It takes about one to two years for them to get games, and most longer or never to get PC equilivent software titles. I was considering a G5 once, as it is amazingly fast. But you have to wipe off the OS, and put RedHat 9 or 8 on it to do most things a PC can do. The fun thing that now I think is possible. Is to add Redhat8.0 and VMware, then with little twiking you can Windows to install. It runs in the VMware emulation and looks pretty cool.
    So on the software side your right, Macs suck. But on the speed side and for graphics, Macs kill every thing at and below $5000.

9. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

2.4Ghz mac 786mb ram- $3000
    3.6Ghz pc, 512mb ram- $1200

there not faster

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

PC uses muti logic chips, Macs use simple logic chips. Thus a PC will and constantly think through multiple tasks and create a bottle neck. A Mac on the other hand will do one thing and its done, fast. This is way my Pentium 200 Mhz MMX is Slower than a PowerMac 90 Mhz that I got for free. In the mac world you cannot compare Mhz, as the chip archeture is compeltely different. You have to test with program usage, similar to Benchmark tests. Also an AMD is different than a Intel. Thats way some AMD chips with less in Mhz range were faster than the Intel chips.
    Its not good to look at specs alone, you need to see how it performs.

11. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

yes but apple was found guilty of forging benchmark test results.

12. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Yeah but who gives about benchmark results? Not me. I spend $3000 so I can play some games with amazing "whoa" graphics. I don't spend $3000 so I can get a few more digits in some [bold] benchmarks [/bold]

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

theres like 10 games for mac 3 are worth playing

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I just said it was faster, not better. I agree, software available sucks, games available suck, and every thing is expensive. If I bought a Mac the first thing would be to format and instal Redhat 9.0. Then you could play games and have good free software.

15. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

ok leave i leave it at that

16. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Anyone know what happened to Praetor and Dela??!! I haven't been on in ages but I've since gone back on and I don't see them anywhere....

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

For info on Dela he poped on at:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69839

Something about school.

Praetor, should be in the middle of Mid terms and assignments at Waterloo. So also school, I have seen him on and off. Odd thing is when Preator is on, Oriphus isn`t. Now Oriphus is on Preator isn`t. Uhmmm, maybe a pokearoo thing. But most likely not.