1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Movie Editing

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by parman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. parman

parman Member

Hi folks,
    Iwould like to start tinkering with movie editing and am totaly new to it. I have a Panasonic NV-DS29 MiniDV camera (not firewire connectable)Can some one piont me in the right direction for getting the camera connected to pc, i have Ulead Video Studio 8 on the pc, i know that i obviously need a video capture card and cabe to connect but dont know what ones to buy. the socket on the camera to connect to pc is like a round pin connector. Hope this is enough info for some help

2. parman

parman Member

sorry folks, it is firewire connectable as i have just found out by double checking it

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Firewire is the only way you should capture your video to your computer, and you should capture as an .avi file. It will take up a lot of hard drive space, but that is the only way you are going to get uncompressed video.

You don't need a capture card, just a good firewire cable (not a cheap one) and a firewire port on your computer.

I haven't ever used Ulead, but I would think that it will see your camcorder.

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Pinnacle 10 is a great program to manage anything you would like to do with home movie cameras (not free)