1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by natb, Sep 8, 2004.

1. natb

natb Member

Can anyone explain how to create a DVD (or CD) from movie clips (about 10 minutes each in .mov format)? I have a bunch of these which I took at home with my Easyshare Kodak 7530 digital camera. I'd like to combine all these clips into one movie file that can play on a home DVD player. Does anyone know the procedure or steps involved to do this? I have a 3 ghz dimension 8300 with 1 gb memory and of course a DVD/CD burner. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Natb

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Convert your .mov file(s) into MPEG-2 DVD complaint file , then use TMPGenc DVD Author [30 day free trial period] to add menu & chapter points + convert to VOB format.

I didnt suggest which encoder to use for encoding from .mov to MPEG-2 as there are loads to choose from ;c)

3. natb

natb Member

Thank you for the info Herbsman. It will take some time to learn, but I'll be looking into your recommendations. Thank you very much.

Natb

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004