1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home networking (2 pc's)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Nicstead, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Nicstead

Nicstead Member

i need to connect op 2 pc's to play a game wif one of ma pals...if someone answers, then please use baby language(no complicated words and numbers), we both have windows xp.could we just use a plain usb cable? if you can help i'd be really gr8tful.
    Nic

2. Psycosis

Psycosis Member

its good that u both have xp because it detects alot more things.

1. buy a cheap HUB like a linksys one they are fairly cheap and efficent too...my hasnt quit yet

2. buy 2 CAT5 Ethernet cables....they look kinda like a round phone cable but the ends are a little wider

3. buy 2 LAN cards

4.(alternative) sometimes you can find a box set that has all the stuff required to hook 2 computers together....i bought one from linksys at one time and it served me well...and that hub still is

3. Trigun

Trigun Member

That doesn't work for me. I haft to put a ethernet cable from the modem into port 1 and the other 2 computers in to port 2 and 3. Then I just plug those ethernet cables into the ethernet slots, don't use network cards. Wella, they are networked. It works for me, the network cards didn't work for me. Wichever works for you.

Trigun