1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hook up of firewire cables

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by chewbaca, Mar 20, 2005.

1. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Im new at this so bare with me.The firewire cable goes from my camcorder to the back of the pc right.I did not get the cable yet but I want to have an idea of where it goes.I bought a canon minidv and it did not come with the firewire.Can someone tell me which one I would need to hook up to Dell pc.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

If you have Firewire, there is probably one (or more) at the back of your PC, but new models will have one in the front as well.
    There are several connectors for Firewire, but most likley the one on your PC (if its is a desktop) looks like a rectangular one with a trapeze shape at the right sides. Probably there will be an inscription 1394 besides the port.

http://www.digitalvideoclub.com

3. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Thanks for the info TPFKAS.I checked all around my pc and I dont have the firewire.Is there any other way I can hook my mini dv to the pc to record onto a dvd disk.I do have a burner on my pc but just dont jhave the firewire.Need help.

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member