1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

lol your a joke bud !! try a differnet drive !!! what kinda are u using ? and what model is the xbox? does this dive have a plastic cassing on it? im finding none of the first xboxs do it like 2002 xboxs..... what error code are u getting ? have u tried xboxhdm? and made a new hd ???who knows where to get the 007 gamesave? HELP!!!!

2. gaber2009

gaber2009 Member

I've tried all of the Xplorer360 betas and they all get the FATX error. I don't know the the model it is but it's a 2005. Nothing covering the hard drive, but mine does look different than all of the others that I see on youtube and pictures on the forums. I am 100% sure I was the first one to open it and it is the original hard drive. I'm getting error code 21 and I've tried it with 12. I've tried using all of the drives and I'm only using xboxhdm as a last resort because I don't want to lose any more files. I can load games and saved games so if I can load the dashboard through my modded game save I can fix it!

3. gaber2009

gaber2009 Member

4. Tehmoose

Tehmoose Member

Ok people I'm so lost.
    I opened the xbox - unplugged driver and power
    and got code error 11.
    I hot swapped and installed xboxhdm. I have the dash Unleashed X

I can't set up FTP yet and I want the XBMC dash. So I'm trying to
    set Xplorer360 up so I can load my 007. But when I'm in Xplorer360
    I get the error "Can't find a FATX drive to open!"

What I did for Xplorer:
    - I watched the youtube video on Ndure and followed these steps:

*** COMPUTER ***
    Unplugged CD Drives, Powered on and paused before It detects IDES.

*** XBOX ***
    Powered on, Unplugged IDE at X, plugged in IDE from comp(where CD-drives use to be) got code error 11.

*** COMPUTER ***
    Let it finish booting, HDD detected as ST******. Opened XP360 and
    got that error. Im so lost as to why It wont show up..

PLEASE IF ANYONE COULD HELP...

I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR 8 DAYS NOW Q.Q .... PLEASE HELP!!!

5. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ahhh ... u have one of the earlier versions ... does the xbox hd have plastic caseing on the corners ? cuz i know what u mean about only getting an error code 11 ... my advice is to get the 007 gamesave from this thread and geta copy of 007 and do it that way ... i cannot seem to get any of these newer models to get an error code 12 which is required ... although u have to get this game save onto a mem card and the way im going to do it is from and already modded xbox ... their is the action replay ... or u can make that eeprom extractor but it looks to hard for me ... i sugest getting a diff xbox ... any of the xboxs that are from 2002 and before cannot be done using the hotswap method ... get back to e with what happens and ill try help u mode

6. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

and for the guy that get the error code 11 and already has unleash x . u can do what ever u want with it ... u have the eeprom right ? make a new hd and just plug in ! with what ever u want on it .. by making xbox hdm... if u dont have the eeprom then i think your in trouble....

7. iruamjs

iruamjs Member

SOMEBODY!! PLZ HELP!!
    Ok, I'm a total, complete newb at this... i dont know poop about mods or anything on xbox software... however.. i already opened my xbox... The issue is my xbox fell, and the hdd literally broke, internally... i opened it, and replaced it with another xbox hdd... (i just have one working hdd and one xbox). by the time i turn it on... It gives me error 06... I've been searching posts about this all over the web... and i just keep finding stuff about ConfigMagic, FlashFXP, and others... but i dont have any idea on how to use them... Basically, what i need, is a step-by-step on how to fix this issue, like if i was a 4 yo... LOL

8. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

if u dont have the EEPROM for the xbox u are going to have problems .. u can try xbox hdm and try to make a new drive ....but other than that i think your in trouble ...save it for the dvd drive and look for another xbox

9. CPAero

CPAero Member

I successfully softmodded my original xbox harddisk from WinXP using an external enclosure. Actually, I had previously softmodded it with the standard PC ide hotswap method but I screwed it up trying to update XBMC from within itself, and with my PC temporarily unavailable I resorted to the external enclosure usb/ide convertor to fix XBMC. In any case, this is the method I plan to use to softmod classic xboxes in the future.

Make sure you use the external enclosure's power molex connector, rather than the xbox' hd power connector. Also, get the latest Xplorer360 version; I used Beta 5.

As always, be smart about not powering things down when harddisks are being written to.

10. iruamjs

iruamjs Member

Where can i Get xbox hdm?? how do i install it?? how do i use it??

thx in adv...

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

12. Jda2k8

Jda2k8 Member

i downloaded mhackxbox.rar but is it complete

Partition 3 has: bios, media, rescuedash, xodash, shadowc.img, xbox book.xtf, xbox.xtf, xboxdash.xbe

Partition 4 has: backup, CACHE, games, TDATA, UDATA, evox.ini, evoxdash.xbe, sid4-hd.bin

Shademands which i cant seem to dl coz no seeders

C folder has: audio folder, backup folder, fonts folder, xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder, xodash folder, xbox book.xtf file, xbox.xtf file, xboxdash.xbe file

E folder has: apps folder, cache folder, dashboard folder, screenshots folder, shadowc folder, skins folder, tdata folder, udata folder

why dont mhackxbox.rar have the audio and fonts folders in c folder

13. Jda2k8

Jda2k8 Member

so do i just delete everything on hd and put wots in mhackxbox.rar and then connect hd bakup to xbox do i need anyfing else to make it work

14. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Thank you for this tutorial i just fixy my error 13 by hot swaping with a GAME

15. xhunterx

xhunterx Member

CPAero --- can you please tell me how did u softmod your xbox with a laptop and an IDE enclosure? I've been trying to do this for 2 weeks now =(. Did you use xplorer 360? I really wanna do this...... Can somebody help me?

16. xhunterx

xhunterx Member

hey guyz, i figured out that if you're running Windows Vista, you just need to run xplorer360 as administrator and you're all done in just one click... almost done=)

17. xhunterx

xhunterx Member

does any body know why my xbox still boot on the old dashboard even though i executed the mhackxbox successfully (i think)???....... I also need to know how to install enigmah using a dvd..... my xbox is on pal and i just can see anything from it... when i tried booting up the enigmah from the dvd+rw, it did but when I pressed the b button and reboot, nothing happens =(........ its still black and white (moving screen).... i also tried putting some dummy files (ps game) and it went into evox...... is it with the dvd+rw disk? or the enigmah? or should i burn it on xiso?

If i hotswap the xbox hd again (if extremely necessary), should it be on the partion 3?

18. CPAero

CPAero Member

xhunterx-
    To reemphasize my previous: I softmodded using a generic IDE enclosure, with xplorer360 Beta 5, from winxp home. For me it didn't work with older xplorer360 versions, and it didn't work until I realized the grounding issue. Tie the enclosure and xbox's grounds together and use the enclosure's molex power connector. Other than that, it was all the standard softmod procedure. Original xbox btw.

Best of luck..

19. xhunterx

xhunterx Member

CPAero

Thanks!

Now, i have a softmodded xbox.... but my next problem is i can't ftp files on it... i also don't know how to go from evolutionx to xmbc... Does anybody know how to ftp files and/or trasfer them using a dvd+rw? (my xbox is able to boot dvd+rw...not a problem)? I'm trying to install applications and on it.... no luck =(

20. pballkid

pballkid Member

Ok so i modded my xbox and its all good but i did it with my friends. We were trying to fit halo 2 onto it, didnt fit so we started deleting stuff. i delted something and i get error 21. I was wondering if i could just make another hard drive(larger) for it with the regular microsoft dash and remod(softmod) it. Can i use a larger hdd to run the regular micro dash? and if so what files and how to get them onto another hdd?