1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hottest toy for christmas?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by saugmon, Dec 15, 2007.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah the Wii is very hot again this year. But not worth 1 mil - it would be nice though to have that kind of $$$ to drop :)

There was an article in the Washington Post today and a few months ago on how Retirement communities are getting Wii's for the residents. The Wii's are getting getting close to the popularity of Bingo Night.

Tell about it w/ Guitar Hero III - still trying to pick that one up for my niece. They had a ton in stores for the xbox but trying to find one for ps2 is getting on my nerves :)

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I read a few of those 1 Mill Wi's. Some are jokes,and most aren't. Their selling line is "Do you want to be the person who spent the most money for a Wi this christmas?"

All the Guitar hero's are gone for 360 and PS3,but I saw a half dozen for PS2 at a walmart 35 mins away. I can't remember if it was II or a III.

I've been keeping my eyes open for the Wii for a buddy at work.He's about to go insane.

Digital picture frames also very hot. I got dad the 8" one that walmart had on black friday for $49. Now they have people on ebay fetching over $80 and shipping on them.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Tendo dual winners.. try getting a DS-lite in the UK

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Walmart had 4-5 of the PS2 Guitar hero III for $80.

They had 1 xbox 360 and 3 for pc/mac. They just had them laying around on the floor. I looked at the 360 guitar hero III and set it down. It was snatched up 1 minute later, LOL.

I also used this coupon at staple's:

http://e.staples-deals.com/staplesp...3%7Cepvjhtpz%81%7E%7E%81joskbklywuxd%84%7E%23

I bought 3 of the 1gb mp3 players for $53.50 after internet-in store coupon at staple's.
    We had 2 of the 256 mb players from walmart.I took them back and got $60 back. 3 mp3 players cheaper than 2!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  6. binkie7

How about you pick up that Guitar Hero III saugmon & ship it to me :)
    I hate shopping let alone Xmas shopping :)
    I'll venture out this week and try to pick it up - but I'll call the store 1st.

Hey there J :)
    I think the DS lite can still be found in my parts but the PSP is another story.

saugmon I did read either here at the aD news articles or in the Post recently that Wii's are being sent to stores this week so your buddy may want to check out the stores now.
    2 in my family picking them up but back in November.
    Good luck on finding one.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

They probably got snatched up after I left. I'll check tomorrow after work.We're in the middle of a winter storm here in west central ohio. I want to use another of those staple's coupons and get a panasonic phone.

Anybody looking for a Wii at Walmart: You gotta call the store everyday at 11 am to find out if they have recieved,or expect to recieve a shipment of Wii's. This came from another person at work, who got lucky and grabbed 2 of them.

Christmas toy madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No Wii's can be found here in S.C. and I'm glad my boy is too young to want one yet...maybe in a year or two. Of course dad wouldn't mind playing GH3 or Rock Band.

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Binkie,they were out of PS2 guitar hero III. They had 1 for PC/Mac and 6 for X-box 360.

A buddy of mine at work tried that coupon and they wouldn't take it-said it was already used.That was saturday. It worked for me yesterday.

10. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I just picked up one of those limited edition ds lites at a walmart out here. I see alot of ads on craigslist for Wiis with some unbelievable asking prices. I don't understand this because everytime I'm a walmart or target store they seem to be in stock.

11. binkie7

UGH procrastination killed me - still can't get Guitar Hero III. Looks like I'll be paying a high shipping fee to get it from Amazon.

@LOCOENG - start the kid young that's what I did :) My daughter thought the new consoles & games at Xmas for just for her :)

@saugmon - your buddy ever get the Wii? A friend of mine was at Target over the weekend and they had just got a shipment of them. The police were there to 'control it' and this was in a 'good' area here :)

@pcrazy99
    If you can get a Wii I'd pick it up and sell it on eBay :) A million is an awful nice price :)

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

$450 is what they're averaging on those Ebay Wii's. The jokers,the people wanting to change their lives,and Wanna be the person who spent the most for a Wii for bragging rights- are the ones listing them for over a Mill.

The Wii's that come with 14 extra games or Guitar Hero III are fetching around $750

A few more days,the price will go up.

binkie7:
    I didn't see him this morning. He works nights,but usually stays over 4 hrs for ot on my shift. The girl I work with who couldn't find a PS2 GH III,said they found them over the weekend.

The 8" digital picture frame I bought dad for christmas-Walmart Black Friday for $50, Ebayers are fetching over $70-$80 + shipping on the exact same model, LOL.

I'd be tempted to sell a Wii if I did happen to get my hands on it for $249. I'd put "buy it now" for $450

13. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'd have to agree with you saugmon. If I could get a Wii I'd do the same thing.

I need a new computer and that $200 profit would really help.

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

My bud Jeremy still hasn't gotten a Wii. He was at walmart last week "tuesday"for a shipment. He was #13 and they only got 8 Wii's in. Maybe he got lucky yesterday?

15. rav009

rav009 Active member

16. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I found a Wii for jeremy. It was on ebay, $350 and only 20 mins away so I asked seller if he/she would consider local pickup. It was gone when I got home from work,so he may have bought it.

Anywho, Rav,that's a funny pencil sharpener. Funniest one I've seen since the David Letterman't christmas presents list including a Joe Theisman pencil sharpner- many years ago. That's the year he shattered his ankle/leg so the handle was bent like his leg. Very funny when he'd rotate the handle.

17. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

This is funny. I went on craigslist and there is at least 30 listings for a Nintendo Wii just for today. These people are going to be stuck with these consoles.

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[bold]3882 items found in: Video Game Systems [/bold]

I just copied that for the Wii consoles at Ebay. They're still putting them in and no way in he** that they will get them before christmas, LOL.

Lots of people going to be stuck with them.

These Wii's were available last christmas and nobody made a big deal about it. It was the PS3 that they were coveting then!

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hah, sounds like these things have quite the market!

20. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I think alot of the shortage is coming from resellers snapping up all the Wiis. If I were looking for one I might stake out a store hoping someone was going to return one.