1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How 2 add permanent subtitles to AVI, DVIX ???

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by miguel01, Sep 16, 2003.

1. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Hi

Ive bean reading all the threads and havent been able 2 add the permanent subtitles on regular avi movies (I dont want 2 do it on VCDs nor SVCDs).

I have downloaded loads of programs and im still trying but nothing yet.

If someone that has done it could please help me i would be very thankfull.

Thankz

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

3. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Thank you very very much 4 that guide I will be Trying 2 do it that way.
    But yesterday after i posted the thread i found another guide that i tried and worked except the avi file that comes out at the end althoug it has the subs in it i cant make it be 650 or 700mb.

Do you know when i reencode the avi file whit the subs in it how to make the file the sise i want.

Thank you very much 4 the guide and I will right back 2 tell you if it worked.

M

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Are you using the same bitrate that was used to first encode the movie? I heard somewhere that re-encoding with the same bitrate will give you a smaller filesize.

Ok, what filesize is the movie after re-encoding and what bitrate did you use?

5. miguel01

miguel01 Member

I have finally goten it 2 be the exact sise!!!

Thankz

But, after having my avi whit the permanent subs i want 2 create mi vcds or svcds. I have Nero 6 installed and i mark the option of SVCD I drag my new avi in so that it can be encoded but after 3 hours of encoding the sise that the SVCD file that comes out doesnt fit mi 700mb CD, so in the starting options in nero after I mark SVCD it says fit to 74 min cd or 80 min cd OR custom bitrate and the bitrates go from 125kb/s to 300 kb/s --I really dont understand that, i did it 4 a 74min cd 4 a 80 min cd 4 300kbs and now im doing it 4 125kbs except for 125kbs that still hasnt finished encoding all the others come out huge and dont fit my cds.

I think i did it once in vcd and it fit is there a big diference in cuality betwen svcd and vcd??

The avi file sise is 600mb and the file after encoding whith nero is huge but it doesnt say how huge.

Another thing :)

I have encoded to mpeg 1 but when i finish encoding the files (I thought mpeg1 was VCD) it doesnt create all those files that a vcd should have it just has the *.mpeg file is this right (I have used AVS Video Converter 2.2.1.67)

Thank you

For all your help

M

6. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I dont know much about the vcd/svcd format but I have heard that using Nero to convert your avi to vcd or svcd can lead to problems.

But you can try following this guide to converting your avi to vcd:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm

Since your subs are permanent you can skip the part about placing your movie in the same directory as the subtitle files.

7. miguel01

miguel01 Member

thankz i will read the guide and tell you what happend

Thankz

M