1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i edit / cut text out of a video?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dan72588, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

Hi, I have Ulead studio 11 and was wondering how do i get those dang subtitles out or text out of the video in general? And i don't want to crop the video cuz that will cut off some of the picture....i kind of want the text to be gone but the whole picture showing if you know what i mean. And if you edit text EASY out of video what software do you use and PLEASE tell me how to do it. thanks much

2. oldslow

oldslow Member

Have you completed your video? if it is on a disk that will play on a standalone recorder (or hard drive)(its the format i'm looking for not the storage device)(video_ts folder), then copy that disk using dvd shrink. re-author the movie leaving subtitles out. there is a forum and excellent guide on this website for this freeware program.
    it also has about the best compression software out there. I make my home movies HUGE using (Still expermenting on the actual program) Nero
    then let shrink make my 20? gigabyte movies fit on a single layer disk.

3. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

Oh, my bad, I'm not talking about the subs of a DVD video, I'm talking about a video (AVI file) that I have that already has subs in it. Anyway to edit that? or cut the text out?