1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i get my PC to read/copy xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by crazysk8r, Feb 22, 2004.

1. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

i downloaded an xbox emulator called Cxbx and it wants an .xbe file to start the game. I ca't find the file when i put the game in my DVD-Rom. So i take it my PC can't read the hole disk. My computer can only read like 11.5 megs of the game i know the games are bigger than that! If anyone can help me on getting my PC to read xbox games that would be great!

Xbox: debian linux 1.0.0, 120gb segate HDD, 16x Samsung PC DVD-Rom, chromwell clean bios

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Are you connecting your xbox to ya pc or not.

If you just shoving an xbox game into your pc DVD rom
    it will not read because x box games are written backwards.

3. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

my xbox is not hooked up to my pc.

there should be some kind of program for my pc that can read xbox games? right??

4. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

5. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

ok.. does anyone know how to backup xbox games on my computer? ISO...? anything?

6. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

first your xbox needs to be modded then get a crossover cable and hook the two together then get flashfxp (downloaddotcom)and tranfer the game to pc then use craxtion to make the iso then use nero to burn using recorder(at top)then burn image
    plus use that search button it works!! good luck

7. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

what is flashfxp is a bootable cd for the xbox or do i need to flash the bios?

8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

1.flash fxp is a pc program to swop files on a network
    or in this case to and from your x box get it free from here http://www.flashfxp.com/
    2.you do need to flash your chip with a hacked bios
    such as xecuter 4981.06 sorry i cant tell you where to get it because of forum rules
    3.you also need to make a dashboard i suggest evolution x version 3935 (once again cant tell u where to get it from)

for guides on how to make a flash disk and a bios go to http://www.teamxecuter.com

4. Then you need to connect your x box to your pc useing 1 of 3 methods

-the hub method
    -the router method
    -direct connect method

for a complete guide to this go to http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/networking-xbox.php

the first thing you should do once you can change files to and from your xbox to your pc is get the dashboard on ya hard drive

for a guide on doing this go to http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/evolution-x-tutorial.php

and start reading from where it says "Loading Evolution x Dashboard"

once you have done that most modders start making "backups" of ya games and use emulaters and do some really kool stuff:)

9. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

hey guys wot do u think of that guide i just wrote,pretty dam informative or what

10. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

yeah it is....... Thanks.....
    ok i think your method won't work on my xbox cuz i have linux on mine with a cromwell bios it is no longer a xbox anymore it cant read xbox games.
    but if that hacked bios turns it back in to an xbox then it will work. does the hacked bios let you play xbox games with a PC DVD-rom? i did that because my xbox hade a crappy thopson drive.

11. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Firstly have you got a chip in ya xbox or did ya just do the mechinstaller bypass method?

secondly get rid of linux, why any1 would whant to turn there xbox into a pc is beyond me.

thirdly i am not sure about that modified pc drive thing,im not even sure why you did it,i have a thomson drive and as long as u have good media its not a problem, for media that does and does not work go to http://www.teamxecuter.com/modules.php?name=forums&file=viewtopic&t=7335

p.s u need to register with there forum to view(its free of course)

so if the pc drive does not work simply put ya old thomson back in.

12. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

i did the mech installer. no mod chip and the reason i put the pc dirve in my computer is because my cd drive took a crap it doesnt work i cant get it working for the live of me! The reason l put linux on it is because pc drives in the xbox will not read the games because it does not have a special plug. the hole reason i started this thread is to see if anyone out there knew how i can play xbox games with my hardware setup. i was thinking along the lines of flashing the bios again, with somthing differnt. Is it that easy?

13. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

To flash a bios you NEED a mod chip,the reason you can put linux on ya system with no mod chip is because its not a bios at all,just a dashboard that can run from the standard microsoft dashboard(a 1 of by the way) and yes once you do get a chip it is easy to make a flash disk. I really recomend an xecuter chip as the matrix is showing its age now with a pitifull amount of storage for a bios.

14. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

i meant run from a standard microsoft BIOS not dashboard sorry if a confused ya

15. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

I don't have a microsoft bios on my xbox.
    I flashed it with cromwell.
    I should be able to flash it with what ever i want through linux? right?......... where can i get it?

16. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

u managed to flash a bios with no mod chip???
    r u sure...i mean where the hell does it go,u cant run a bios from ya hard drive and it cant go to ya chip as you have not got one??????? the microsoft bios is on some sort of chip on ya motherboard did you manage to get it there somehow?????

(feelin a bit confused right now)

17. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Oh and PC DVD-ROM can read xbox games but only backups, not originals!

18. crazysk8r

crazysk8r Member

i have linux on my xbox. I have already flashed the bios with a program called raincoat that is already installed in the debian linux 1.0.0 all you need the the file of the bios and type "raincoat -p filename"
    then it says erasing.... programing..... then it says your bios is now reprogramed. I'm thinking this method will work with a different bios program.