1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make a good site?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by dazila, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

I have been trying to make a site for now A year and said it would finnish in January It started as a school project for IT alright I did much better then my classmates I got on my final mark for the site 98% I was liek dam!
    But that was that I wanted to get the site on the WWW and this site had no WWW standards as ther mark was related to how good the site is in a matter of 2 weeks and my site was pretty good for a 2 week assignment everything a site has,Picture gallery,history of Gran Turismo (Site was on GT game) it had 10 videos 5 of whihc I actually went to the trouible to record on high quality with a cammera (Sony Cam Corder)
    But it never had the final touches Like 100% browser friendly glitches liek some coulrs forced text to be unseen Ive fixed 50% of the glitches and made it borwser friendly id say 90% every page has links to home,back etc
    Alright I knew it wasnt enough I went on to make a tourist trophy site so it would be like 2IN1 im getting there thje final site will have a Tiitle with a mixed backround on one side the front of a car and on the other the back of a bike and it will have a GT logo and TT logo you click on a logo to take you to that games pages tahts what I mean by 2in1
    But I want to know what I should include to make a good site what features?
    Please post
    and What software/s to use I used dreamweaver 8 as I found it better then Frontpage 03 but is there anything better and is it hard to add a forum and how do I add one?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Forums require knowledge of either phpbb or bb, and proper hosting *lots of bandwidth, storage, etc.*
    dreamweaver is one of the best pieces of webdev software around, especially if combined with flash8 and fireworks.
    As for what makes a good website, that depends on your audience.

3. smithkarl

smithkarl Member

Hi,

Dreamweaver 8 is a great tool. To make the site stand out from the rest or add features you might use:

Videos on your site. Provide a welcome message to your visitors by using audio as well. There are tools (don't know about free ones but they might exist) Just do some research either using clickbank.com or google.com

If you need a logo, images and banners for your site you can get them created by experts and that makes yours site awesome. In clickbank you find these services.

If you have trouble and need some help you can hire a programmer from scriptlance.com to help you fix your site or some codes. Use also the ALEXA ranking button cause it shows you are affiliated with ALEXA and that is also very good!

Karl