1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get a ringtone onto the MOTORAZR V3m? Please help!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by skelky, Apr 21, 2007.

1. skelky

skelky Guest

So today I went to Costco and bought a verizonwireless MOTORAZR V3m. This is my first cell phone ever, and I expected it to be as user friendly as the Apple iPod in terms of importing stuff such as wallpapers and music.

Boy was I wrong. I've been fiddling with this thing for the last 5 hours and I still have no idea what I'm doing. All I want is this short mp3 file to be the phone's ringtone. That's seriously all I want to do, as far as customisation goes. However, I have no idea how. Does anyone here know what I have to do?

Basically, what I want to do is get the CTU ringtone from the show 24 to work as the ringtone for my phone. The ringtone can be found here:

This is really driving me crazy. If you can help me, many thanks!

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I have the same phone, really nice, but a real beyotch to put ringtones into easily unless you want to do some seem editing and use MPT.
    here are a couple of ways to do it as well.
    help.
    How I did it can be found here.
    Hack the RAZR

3. skelky

skelky Guest

Thank you for your help. The "Hack the RAZR" guide requires me to buy the Motorola Phone Tools, which is priced at around $30. Therefore, I want to try my luck with the first link.

In the first link, the user named "djteva" posts a list of instructions on how to make an mp3 a ringtone for the cell phone. The first step is

"1) Make sure your Transflash card is in your phone. "

What is a "Transflash card"? Does my phone have one? If not, where do I buy one?

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

micro sd
    MPT can be found on the net, but this forum prevents me from direct linking to it.
    read here.