1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make this Movie fit on a dvd-r?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Robest, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Robest

Robest Member

I was trying to shrink the Barbie: Swan Lake but It wont fit on a dvd the size of the different structures dvdshrink gives are as follows: menus = 335 Mb, Main Movie = 3823 Mb, Extras = 542Mb, Unrefernced = 0.02MB. How would I make te main movie fit on a dvd? could I get rid of certain of the AC3 files? I hae no idea how important any of that stuff is but, I need this to be playable on a non-computer dvd player. Would that mean the menus are stil needed as well? any help plz.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I did that movie for my grand kids. To do main movie only:
    Open up dvd shrink
    Open disc
    Click reauthor tab on top
    Drag main movie file from the right side to left side.Make sure you have Ac3 5.1 ch english ticked.That's the main sound channel.
    Click backup
    Double check those backup option settings
    Click ok.

Main movie only saves on the compression and you have no working menus.When you insert that backup disc in a stand alone player,it should automatically start player. Should?-depending on those certain players that have issues with dvdr backups-but that's another story.