1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Open Or Convert And ISO File?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Cosmo1111, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

I had a file. It was a BIN file. I ran it through a program called UltraISO but I could only convert that BIN to ISO. I need to convert the ISO to another video file (MPG, AVI) something that DivxToDVD will register

2. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

BIN and ISO are not video file formats, their disc formats (CD/DVD). UltraISO allows you to convert BIN to ISO and etc. It also allows you to extract the mpg/mpeg from that BIN/ISO..

Thats what you need to do : extract the mpg/mpegs or avi (more than likely mpg/mpeg from a BIN).. you should also have a cue file, I believe UltraISO needs the cue file in order to extract video streams (mpg/mpeg) properly from the BIN. Look around the guides here or over at Doom9.org and Videohelp.com for howto extract video from a BIn/ISO..

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just load the bin file, then open the mpeg folder and the file inside right click then a drop down box opens and click extract!

4. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

I did extract the file last week. But I did remember the "extract MPG" click. So I located the BIN file with UltraISO and went to Extract MPG" and it worked :)

So the file is now in MPG :)

I spend a good deal of time searching programs that would do that and it was right infront of me the whole time. Its good I know this because its more then certain to happen again

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005