1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I place a 8gbdvd onto 2 Single Layer dvd+r's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by discus240, Jan 5, 2005.

1. discus240

discus240 Guest

I have dvdshrink and dvddecrypter.
    I have looked all over and can't find a guide that will help me do this. Can anyone give me some advice or direct me to a guide?
    thanks

adam

2. discus240

discus240 Guest

P.s.I know there is a way to put the 8gb on a standard dvd+r I just dont know the details. please let me know!

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'm a little confused by your second post since a "standard" DVD+R is barely over 4.37GB and won't ever hold more than that. You can compress to get to that size, but that's not the same thing as copying the whole 8GB to it.

Back to your original question, are you looking to make a movie-only backup or keep the menus?

4. discus240

discus240 Guest

Hey, I'm trying to copy Troy. With Menus would be great. But I can do it either way.

5. discus240

discus240 Guest

I want to be able to have menus on both discs. I know that the first chapters will have to be on the first disc and the later chapters on the second. Is that possible to sort out with dvdshrink?

6. beltline

beltline Regular member

7. discus240

discus240 Guest

How do I go about copying a regular DVD (about3gb) but keeping the menus and chapter selection. I just tried it with resident evil2 but I get all the warnings. All I want is the DVD Menu screen and scene selection.

8. beltline

beltline Regular member

You can't do this with shrink. If you want to get rid of the Warnings you have to go into re-author mode. This in turns get's rid of menu's.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  9. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You can use DVDReMake or DVDReMake Pro to split/edit movies and keep the menus. It has a very easy interface to use and we have a guide here at AD that can help get you started. If you want to be able to remove alternate versions of the movie from a disc (like keeping just the director's cut) you'll want to look at the Pro version.

DVDReMake:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/dvdremake.cfm

DVDReMake Pro:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvdremake_pro.cfm

10. eatherup

eatherup Guest

for anyone having problems burning an Full Screen/Wide Screen dvd.
    one such dvd is resident evil: apocolypse.
    while there have been many excellent sugestions, the easiest one has been neglected.

1) use Magic Iso and copy the dvd image to your hard drive
    2) load the iso with a virtual drive(I use Daemon tools)
    3) dvd shrink as normal
    4) done have fun... now what could be easier than that!

you get the whole movie with menus