1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I split movie into two parts?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by AveryJ, Jan 6, 2008.

1. AveryJ

AveryJ Member

I have a movie that is well over two hours long and I need to break it up into two parts and put on two DVD's. What software do I use to do this? I found this particular movie already broken up into two parts, but the quality is not nearly as good(blurry). I use Convert X to DVD and I don't think it has the capability to split the movie in two.

2. lindagree

lindagree Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I don't know about ConvertxtoDVD if has the option to output to 2 dvds, but you can split the avi first and then convert each part. I don't see the reason why you would buy another software.

Here is a link for a free avi splitter. there are more option, just launch a search for "free avi splitter":

http://www.doeasier.org/splitter/

Another option is to convert the AVI to a DVD9, and then split that (you can do it even with DVD Shrink, which is free) to put onto two DVD5

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

If this movie is already in DVD format, you can use VobBlanker. The guide on how to do this is on the site.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I think the movie is in Avi format since is gonna use ConverxtoDVD. The DVD split can also be done very easy reauthoring with DVD Shrink.