1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much trouble can i get in for this?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Mulder05, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

or try the netflix scenario as a few people recommend it.

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

I read somewhere that when you burn a Netflix dvd the information about your computer is on there after the burn. I don't believe that but you might want to look through the topic.

3. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

Are you sugesting Netflix checks discs that are returned for having been in a computer? But so what, the last I knew there was no law against viewing a movie on ones computer.

4. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

Also for Mulder 05, not smart.

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

no, i meant burning them.

6. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

With all due respect, how could they know if you viewed the information on the disc, or stored the info to a hard drive, to view later?

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

I have no idea, hence my not believing it.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey neph your going to jail......

Well if the disc is already burnt, and closed where are they going to the info that you have re burnt it from.

(Sorry Mr. disc yes i re burnt you, please fine me.....or i know i'm going to tell them........................)

9. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

I do the same thing, I have a Blockbuster movie pass, If I rent one day I take the movies back the next day and grab two more movies. So atm I have about 100 plus movies burned, The lady behind the counter probably knows but she doesnt care.

10. Kcooper

Kcooper Member

I don't think that can be done as the DVD's you get have been stamped and finalized. besides, You don't have to have a burner to rip a dvd image. and if there's no burner, there can be no writing to the DVD even if it is recordable.

11. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

wbfcont said " Also for Mulder 05, not smart. " Unless you are agent 86 Maxwell Smart - then that would be typical. Just tell them you like to watch a lot of movies and the ones you just brought back weren't really what you wanted or felt like and would re-check them out later.

About the netflix thing and checking returned movies - would that mean when I get a disk from them it could possibly have all the information on it from all the computers it has been copied on and it would keep writing that information on the disk from all future rentals? A computer tech in my town said Blockbuster had a DVD Disk checker in the back room to see if you had copied returned movies. Let's start an [bold]"Urban Legends"[/bold] thread! Jack

12. sixpak420

sixpak420 Member

I'm surprised the clerk even cared. My friend had the game pass for a few months and did the same thing. Its a little more obvious when you rent a couple video games and bring them back within a few hours. But screw them. Like someone said earlier, they probably have something they didnt pay for. If its a burned DVD or a copied CD.

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

hide the dvd

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  14. oracle

oracle Member

Here is the way that you have to act:
    1. Is the lady on the store ugly enough?
    a. Yes -> Ask her for a date!
    b. No -> Proceed
    2. Is she older than you?
    a. Yes -> Go to option 1.a
    b. proceed
    3. Did you ever thought to partecipate in fear factor?
    a. Yes -> Proceed to 4.a
    b. No -> Proceed to 4.b
    4. Where do you thing to spend next weekend?
    a. In her place -> Done!
    b. In your place -> Live with your insecurities and hope that they don't want to loose such as a good client.
    Apart from the above, a young girl working in a similar store in my area, any time my neighbor's son goes to the store gives him a blank disc asking him to make an extra copy!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  15. jAmEsTn

jAmEsTn Member

i'm sorry to say but you're all too damn paranoid. my girlfriend and i go hog wild @ the video store. our video store has a monthly pass for $10 .. gets you everything in the store 1/2 off for a month.. not to mention the prices are cheap already.. after my discount I can rent a new release for $1.50 ... $1.00 if it's an older new release.. and older dvd's end up being 50 cents /each for 2 days. to make things better tue, wed, and thu they host a midweek special which gets you an older dvd for every new release you rent.... we rent like 8 at a time.. more than 3 to 4 times a week if we like. we watch alot of movies on them days... *evil grin*... :D... besides.. why would they care how much you rent.. you are the "customer" and keeping them in business so mellow out ...

note: to all of you people burning rentals... thats illegal and a very dumb thing to broadcast online... how bout a different hobbie.. backing up dvd's ya own.. now that sounds nice :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  16. 99COBRA

99COBRA Member

Oh no I use the Blockbuster online movie rental subscription and I accidentaly mailed the disc to them that I copied instead of the original. Do you think they'll notice. JK. LOL. Its so cheap to rent online and you dont have to put up with the BS of 50 "Man Of The House" discs and none in stock. I hate going all the way to the store and it not be in. For anyone stumbling on this thread using google, there is noway that they can tell if you copied a disc unless you do what I was kidding about above. Your lazer on your burner only reads the data from the source and then burns to a destination /dvd+-r.

17. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

I read somewhere recently, (think it was on a dvd) that it is illigal to even back up your own purchased copies, which I thought odd.

18. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

I do not think we are even supposed to be discussing this on the forum. What you are doing is illegal and is not condoned by this website.

19. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

break the law??

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  20. NEPT

NEPT Member

yeah break the law! heh heh, in honesty i have (please believe me) street raced a cop car and smoked mary jane with police officers. so do not have a guilty conscience. every body is naughty at one time or another!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.