1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How-To Burn DVD Files using Nero Express Smart Start 6.6.0.1?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdguy4u, Nov 21, 2004.

1. dvdguy4u

dvdguy4u Guest

Hey everyone, I have Nero Express Smart Start 6.6.0.1
    I'm trying to figure out how to burn the files I ripped using the new DVD Shrink. I have looked and search on google and everywhere, but most all tutorials are using another nero version.

The Nero I have when I click DVD-Video Files, a window opens up but I dont see any of the Folders that they mention in most all tutorial I see online, such as the " AUDIO_TS or VIDEO_TS folders.

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone explain in detail if possible, step by step, how to burn using this Nero Version that I currently have, I would appriciate it, I'm very new to this. =)

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

dvdguy4u ,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Go to DVDShrink and under:
    1.Edit( at top)
    2.click Preferences and you will now see:
    3.file I/O and click that then make sure that "enable burning w/ Nero" has a check in the box.
    Now you should be good to go. Let Shrink rip it and then Nero will automatically burn the DVD for you

3. dreamalo

dreamalo Member

Actually you're right. Nero 6.6/Smart Start has no audio_ts or video_ts folders which I personally don't understand. I'm pretty sure you need the files to be inside a video_ts folder for nero to burn them right.

I've even tried right clicking and making new ones but on this version we can't even add folders!

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The problem is that if you are going through the Nero StartSmart and select the option to make a DVD-Video, we assume you are starting from scratch and so we take you to NeroVision

For those who are working with sofware such as DVD Shrink, you do not need Nero Vision, but Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM. And when you launch these programs and select the DVD-Video option you will see the Video_TS folder.

Best to follow the solution Car.Mike provided.

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. dreamalo

dreamalo Member

Thanks Craig! I'm a bit slow sometimes...LOL

I think you guys at Ahead should calm down on making so many products. I think they're a bit confusing! Maybe 1 product for DVD/CD Burning, one for pictures, etc. Imagine if Adobe had 3-4 programs to edit video with, a few more for working with graphics etc.

Just a thought.
    Drew

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Dreamalo,

Your suggestion would certainly make my life easier. :)

But the market demand is otherwise, even though I know a number of users would agree with you, overall the OEM and Retail market does not. It keeps demanding more, and we keep feeding it. :-(

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA