1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to combine VOB Files??

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Curny, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Curny

Curny Member

Hello

I have searched the forums and couldnt find a topic about this, but sorry if it has been asked before.

Anyway I downloaded a movie and it comes in 2 parts as they usually do. I converted both AVI files into Vobs using winAVI now im looking to put both of them on one DVD. I have Nero for burning my dvds. However when I add one set of Vobs to burn, the other set can not be added due to them being named the same. What im looking for is a way to combine both files or something that can rename the 2nd set so i can get the whole movie onto one DVD and to not have to divide the film over 2 DVDS.

If anyone can help it'll be very appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If each set of Vob files comes with it"s own IFO and BUP files then you can not burn Both sets to DVD this way...
    You should Have Joined the 2 AVI files together before encodeing to Mpeg-2/Vob...

You can Use a Mpeg editor like "Mpeg2VCR" to Join the 2 VOB files and then Import the Joined Vob files into a DVD authoring Program and re-author them to DVD...
    You will Not be able to simply Burn the Joined Vob files to DVD without re-authoring because the info in the IFO and BUP files will Not corespond properly with the Vob file...
    Without the IFO and BUP files a Vob file is Simply a Mpeg-2 file with a different header...