1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy a dvd+r disk with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ciggy, Sep 1, 2004.

1. ciggy

ciggy Member

Hello, i've got a philips dvdr75 recorder and have been trying to copy dvd's i've made on it on my computer, this has not worked at all.
    The copy software i'm using, is the latest nero 6- when i try to copy a dvd, the following is said "nero recorde2 encounted an error and cannot continue. Encoding error- illigal program state occurrd." ( i've also tryed using dvdxcopy ( which did the job once, but never again)
    Both my pc's dvd drive and dvdrw drive are duel format ( -/+ ).
    Does anyone know why it won't copy?? or if there is anysoftware which will help.
    Thank you

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Are you trying to make a copy of the DVD-Video disc that you have already copied with Nero?

If you are, then that is the problem. We do not allow a user to make a copy of a copy, for legal reasons of course.

You must use the original source to make your backups with Nero.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. ciggy

ciggy Member

No, i am not copying a disk i made with nero. I'm trying to copy a disk, with nero, that was made on a phillips dvd recorder ( a stand alone). The phillips recorder uses dvd+r format and my pc's dvdrw drive uses both -/+ so there shouldn't be a problem...but there is, i can't make a copy.

Thank you for the reply though.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

No need to run it through Recode. Just use the disc copy feature. Its not encrypted so the only reason you might need Recode is if you wanted to edit it. The format of a stand alone recorder is somewhat different than purchased dvds. That may be causing the problem in recode.

Jerry