1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to cut the begining,ending credits?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by paiger651, Apr 20, 2007.

1. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@Mort81

You and others have helped me many times. Here is my question on this issue. Can you safely use AnyDVD to rip the movie to a hard drive? I am not talking about using Clone2, just right clicking on the little red icon on the bottom toolbar and checking "rip movie to hard drive". I have done that a few times, run it through FixVTS, and it seems to work fine. I still use RipIt4Me on older movies, but to save a step or 2 it seems easier, as long as no quality is sacrificed. I use Remake Pro and Rebuilder Pro on most movies. I sure don't want to take all that time and have quality issues. As always, any comments and suggestions would be most welcome.

As for the points in the rest of this thread, I think the comments made by Sophocles should be read and "digested" thoroughly, as he is "right on the money".

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

NytBurner,

I too use RI4M on movies it will still handle. for those that it won't, I use dvdfab HD decrypter followed by fixvts. I used to use the anydvd ripper you are referring to but I would occasionally have playback problems so I quit using it. my old dvd player was very picky so the problem could have been with it.

as long as everything is working and you aren't experiencing any playback problems, using the anydvd ripper should be fine. basically a ripper is a ripper as long as it cleans up the folder well enough so that it will play back error free and load into other utilities (transcoder, encoder, remake, or other editing software). hope that helps.

3. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@Mort81

Sounds like it would be safer to use DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD running in the backgroud or DVD Fab as you suggested. Thanks again for all of your help.

One of these days, I am going to ask you some specifics on DVD Remake. It is a great program, but you seem to do so much more with it than I am able to do. I have just used the basic guide that was recommended. I have had the pro version of Remake and Rebuilder from day one. I got CCE the same time I got rebuilder and have not regretted it for a minute. The quality is excellent.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

NytBurner,

yeah I agree rebuilder pro, remake pro, and cce are great utilities. too bad RI4M got shut down. it was (still is) on my favorite list too.

I most likely ordinarily don't do anything more with remake pro than you do but I do occasionally merge a couple episodic discs and restructure them to play continuously. then it's basically the same as always except I select DL target size in dvd-rb and then burn to a DL dvd.

I also once in a while use the clip to or clip from feature in remake to edit out a portion of a block I don't want.

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Part of the size disparity may be attributed to this:

When saving, leave at least 32k of space between IFO and BUP is a way of ensuring that errors on a disk are not fatal by placing the IFO and BUP too close together. Note that if you save the DVD in another application such as IfoEdit, DVD Shrink, Nero, these sector references will be recalculated by those programs and the padding will be lost.