1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to delete audio & extras and keep menu working

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by noker, Jan 29, 2004.

1. noker

noker Guest

I want te delete some extras from my movie also the full screen version and some audio files. What program or what method should I use for this?

2. askyew

askyew Regular member

If you want only the main movie DVD Shrink is free and does a great job. It also lets you choose the audio and compression levels

Link to the latest guide

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

It gets to be a little more tricky if you keep the menus and want them functioning IfoEdit will do it but it requires some work with it but you can check it out at

http://users.pandora.be/rudy.stremersch/index.html

I hope it is ok that I posted a link to another sight, if not sorry about it let me know

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Noker, if you don't mind spending a little money, download the trial versions of Clonedvd and Anydvd which work together. They will let you edit similar to DVDshrink but lets you keep the menu active and working. 30 day trial on both, then abou $40. each. Well worth the money. I use them all the time if I need the menu to work. Very easy to use to edit out extras.
    Jerry

4. noker

noker Guest

If I use IfoEdit to make the menu functional, do I actually erase something from the original file, I mean, do I win some free space?

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

InstantCopy 8 will let you drop things while still keeping menus. A very versatile program (needs a riper though), with excellent video quality.

6. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

The easiest way I have found to accomplish this without paying for software is this:

1) Use TitleSet Blanker to get rid of unwanted material, basically you preview each VOB file with MPEG2 player (BSPlayer is what I use)... then choose which titleset to blank and it will replace original files with very small dummy files so as to leave the DVD structure still working. The nice thing is that it is the fastest and it still leaves the original in that same folder but with an ~ at the end of the filename so in case you want to undo changes just clik "Go back to originals" and it will undo any changes made and go back to your original files. Gets rid of annoying FBI, Studio logos and cr@p like that, when CloneDVD still leaves those in and plus this little tool is FREE.. http://shh.dvdboard.de/titlesetblanker.html

2) Next you use DVD Shrink with "Full Disk Mode" and get rid of the extra audio channels and subtitles.

3)BURN
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Burn, baby, BURN!"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2004
  7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi all,
    I've downloaded that tool and haven't burned with it yet but I did run some titles through it and watched them on the Shrink preview window, after I blanked all of the VOBs. The movie turned into a black screen that lasted about three seconds. HEHE!
    The blanked .VOBs are very small so you shouldn't have to watch a blank screen.

I'm going to find a player so I can preview.

Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  8. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

fasfrank Make sure you are not blanking out the movie files... DO NOT blank VTS_1_XX if that's where the movie is. If you mess up, just click on "Go Back to Originals" and you are back to normal