1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Fix a Xbox that is not Booting into the Dashboard Tut

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xboxgama, Jun 3, 2007.

1. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

Ok, if you are going crazy over fixing your xbox that is booting into error codes then this is the tut for you. The only program you will need is xplorer360.

1. Open up your xbox ( if you have never opened up your xbox find a tut that tells you how)

2. Open up your computer move your xbox next to your computer.

3. Have your secondary ide cable hanging out of your computer.

4. Make sure the ide cable is in reachable distance to your xbox hd.

Ok now you are ready to hotswap.

5. Start up your computer and enter the bios.

6. Loosen the ide computer that is connected to your xbox a little so you don't shake the hdd as much.

7. Now boot up your xbox and right when the xbox is going through the transition between the xbox logo and the error screen pull your xbox's ide cable from the port (try not to shake it at all)

8. Plug in the ide cable from your computer in to your xbox. Also keep your xbox on!

9. Exit the bios and continue boot.

10. Open up xplorer360 then open your hd. If the hotswap worked then you will see I believe 5 partitions on the side.

11. Now you have access to your xbox hdd and can proceed to fixing your dashboard.

12. Now this is the crucial part. When you are done with the hdd unplug the ide cable from the xbox hdd then plug the xbox ide cable into your xbox hdd. After that turn off your xbox. The reason for this step is to lock your hdd again. If you don't unlock your xbox will become useless.

Note: I screwed up my dashboard and this method saved my xbox. :)

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Wow, I'm glad you found this method! This will save me hours...

Hello? This is called Hotswap! Hotswap has been around for years and can fix many problems, but not without danger!! Your example is vague and unexplained, there is already a flawless tutorial in the stickys on this site. Don't spam the board with crap people can already find!

Hotswap will only fix SOME errors anyway!

3. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

I'm sorry your mom kicked you out of the house at 10, don't blame it on me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What are you, like 14? Grow up or go play with the other kiddies and your Gameboy!

I've been a modder for nearly ten years, I am constantly modding, repairing and experimenting with the latest technology. Don't start to mouth off about something you've been involved with for ten minutes!

End Rant!!!

Admin can close this thread!

5. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

No first I'm 11. I have modded my xbox on my own, built a computer on my own, and I think I know what I'm am talking about so I am sick of people like you who can't accept that people like me are going to get the million dollar engineering careers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

lol im with chunk on this. there was a thread about this already that was better explained and we documented. good job on building a computer, dont think i built my first computer until i was 10. :)

7. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

Wow, I didn't know there was another tut and I had good intentions but now I realize the afterdawn is filled with a bunch of motherfucken douche bags that just like to fusk with people because there unemployed and live in their parent's basement.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

good way to get banned i see....