1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to flash duox2 even it doesn't have a bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by alinares, Feb 8, 2005.

1. alinares

alinares Regular member

look like ya'll know problem with the duox2 modchip i went and bought another one and it didn's work so my problem how do you flash duox2 help really need help thanks

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

they should come flashed with the cromwall...i know nothing about this chip so i don't know if there is a programmer for it...with other chips you can use a programmer to flash the chip...if you have no cromwall bios, your only option is a programmer...but like i said i don't know if you can get a programmer for the duox2

you can get duox2's here for 20bucks, with cromwall on it...
    http://www.xbox-modchips.com/duox-chip.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  3. alinares

alinares Regular member

i didn't get crowell/flashbios edition i got the blue regular

4. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

CROMWELL is for Linux only. You can't play game backups, DivX or DVD-R movies.

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

hey hrdk20 you are a fool...no shit cromwall is for linux...but if you get a chip without the cromwall on it, how the hell you suppose to flash it with out a programmer? especially the duox2...they do not have a programmer for that chip...that is why they sell them with the cromwall already on there, so you can flash a different bios on there.

7. alinares

alinares Regular member

hey Hrdrk20 i didn't say i had cromwell flashbios edition

8. beamernkh

beamernkh Member

hey,
    I got a cromwell duox2...I installed it, nothing...now my friend had the blue one and it had an led, right..

How do I know if the dO is working?

9. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Actually the DuoX chip only comes flashed with cromwell to certain locations for some odd reason...I ordered 2 of them at the same time. When the arrived I installed both of them. Checked and double checked my connections and all was good, except that there was no bios.
    I sent an e-mail back, and they said that with the DuoX chips, they are only allowed to ship with a bios to certain locations.
    So I sent another e-mail back asking why I paid extra money for the cromwell version then...Its been about 3 months, and Im still wating for a reply on that one...

10. jied19

jied19 Member

you guys still havent answered how do you flash the duox2 chip that didn't come with any bios in it.

11. spyman

spyman Regular member

the only way i can think of how you would do it.

install a chip like the xenium ice.
    install flashbios on it.

run the flashbios bios, take off the xenium ice chip, put the duox2 chip on, and flash it... hopefully it works.

this is basically a hotswap, you may want to look that up for better instructions.

you can ruin the chip this way, so id use that information with caution.

12. nandini

nandini Member

Hi there,

I have big problems with my new duo-x (not the cromwell ed). It appear to be without bios. pleas help me because i was waiting for two weeks and can´t buy anyother. tks guys!!!!

13. jied19

jied19 Member

just make an evox cd and burn it onto a cdrw, turn on the xbox with the chip on, put the cd in , turn it of and turn it back on (chip enabled). it should boot. then flash it from evox dashboard.

14. nandini

nandini Member

Thank you..

I already try that but maybe the cd wasn´t good.. gonna make that tomorrow and then I´ll tell the results.. ::)))
    thanks very much for the help!