Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by haliytsel, Apr 18, 2005.
can you help me on how to istall a new bios on my xbox I have linux in there.
1) Boot into Config Live (hold down white button)
2) Select "Bios Tools"
3) Select "Bios Bank Select"
4) Select "Swith to 1MB bios"
5) Select which bank you want to flash your 1MB bios and hit the black button to see how your dip switches should be set (just like the screen says)
6) Set the switches so your desired bank is the one booted from.
7) You can also boot directly to another bios without changing switches from that menu.
8) ftp into X3CL and copy the new bios over to your desired bank (admin/bios/1024k/your choice)
hmm you assume he has the same exact chip as you....doubtfull.
You have to flash your bios. More than likely it will say something like "Please insert new disk to flash bios" when you boot. You need to make a bios CD and insert it obviously...and you can find many a tutorial on how to do that by using the search function on this site.
Oh yeah, that is for the X3 chip.
You can use a disc to flash your chip, but most will allow you to do it via http as well...
Separate names with a comma.