1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a SafeDisc mini-image

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shoey, May 18, 2005.

1. BoJenkins

BoJenkins Member

Alright, cool thanks man. I'll figure it out, now that i have some kind of vague idea of what i need to do.

2. Zefer

Zefer Member

Hi, I used this method to try and create a mini image and no matter how large or small the image winds up being, the game will not run when I mount the image on the cd rom drive. I'm trying to make an image of The Sims 2 Nightlife because my roomates own it and we all love playing it and sometimes want to play it at the same time, this will save us money because none of us can afford another copy right now :/.

Anyway I followed the instructions to the letter and after some toying around with it got it to the point where SafeDisc 2/3 (on Alcohol 120%) would give me around 3 MB and cancel the read on its own, dunno if it is supposed to do that. I mounted the image and it loads the Sims 2 Nightlife opening screen, then cancels itself and the Task Manager does not register that it is running. When I mount it using Daemon Tools as is suggested it does the same thing, but if I attempt to run it from the start menu it actually tells me that it encountered an error and had to close.

Next I tried getting a No CD fix, but all I could download were other mini images others had made, and I get the same result. I'm fresh out of ideas after about 8 hours of trying this and I'm at the end of my rope. If anyone at all can tell me what a noob I am and point me in the correct direction please do so, be brutal, I need it apparently ^^;. Thanks for reading this whoever does, I know its long but I figured that I should give all the relavant info I could think of to save time. Emailing me at [noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com] would be helpful too :).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No posting email addies - forum rules ;)

4. f12

f12 Member

tried to make a mini image of the sims 2 university and got the "emulation detected" message (i do have the original game though) deleted daemon tools and tired again and got the "please insert disk into drive' message HELP i have been trying to burn this thing for 3 days no joke

5. sniper466

sniper466 Member

yo all u need to do is copy the image

6. sniper466

sniper466 Member

yo good loking out

7. eemoshe

eemoshe Member

I am having trouble with Medieval TW II.
    I believe it is safedisc 4.6
    I tried setting datatype to safedisc 2/34 and 2/3/4 (emf writer), but I can only do this if the other drive is selected. Once I swith it to the drive that the disc is in the speed option is grayed out.

Help....

p.s. is it possible to make a image of the whole disc as well/ instead???