1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play xbox live with a modded xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by arethemad, Dec 31, 2004.

1. arethemad

arethemad Guest

I have a modded xbox, what is the easiest way i could possibly play xbox live, someone said something about needing the original copy of the game and locking my harddrive? how do i do this? and do i need the original copy of the game? I would like a step by step guide please :p. thank you.

im a total mod nooby with no souldering skills all i can say is theres a shiny blue light by the bottom of my xbox with three switches by it and thats all i know about the apperance of the chip and then when i load it up it had a blue screen with load menu on the bottom and then when I click on that it has Games then under that Apps and then under that is Emulators. then when i change the skin some of the options have evoX on the back so im thinking that evoX is the program or chip or something, like i said, im a noob. help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. peachman

peachman Member

1. Yes you need the origional game
    2. you do infact need to lock your hard drive
    3. Most importantly you need to disable your modchip by taking one of the three switches to "disable"

As far as locking your hard drive you will need to connect your xbox to your PC. For that you need an FTP program such as Flash FXP. Then modify the evox.ini file.

If you are lucky whoever modded your xbox may have installed a handy application called config magic under the apps file. If so just use that to lock your hard drive.

To do all this there are tutorials on xbox-scene.com Hope this helps a little

3. Stuman

Stuman Member

Alternativley, use xbconnect. Its free and unrestricted so use your chip, backups whatever.

Problem is its systemlink only (no burnout 3 or NFSU2)