1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to remove virtual drives

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jbclem, Aug 7, 2013.

1. jbclem

jbclem Member

I have a virtual drive on my hard drive, apparently installed when I installed or used MagicIso. I've tried to remove it through Device Manager and that seems to work temporarily, but every time I start up the computer the Find New Hardware goes into action and tries to get me to install it again.

I'm using Windows 2000...I've run MagicIso and tried to "unmount all drives", I've set the number of drives to zero, and I've unchecked Automount. None of this prevents Find New Hardware from trying to install this MagicIso virtual drive again.

Can someone suggest a way to permanently get rid of this virtual drive.

Thanks,

John

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Uninstall MagicISO. That should remove the drive that the program installed.

3. jbclem

jbclem Member

Then if I later want to use MagicIso, will I have to accept that virtual drive as part of the package?

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Maybe. Look carefully at the install process and see if there is any choice in the matter.

I use Virtual CloneDrive from SlySoft. It is free and works perfectly for me. It had a choice for one or more drives. No crapware.

5. alexstone

alexstone Newbie

UltraISO is also good