1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Replace only one Subtitle in a DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JGR2D2, Jun 15, 2007.

1. JGR2D2

JGR2D2 Member

Hello.

I have this DVD with lot of different subtitles (English, French, Italian, Polish, etc). Unfortunelly the DVD doesn't have the one I need which is Portuguese.

I already got the Portuguese.srt subtitles and save it as .sup using the SRT2SUP program.

What I would like to do is to replace one of the subtitles (eg. Polish) that I will never use by Portuguese subtitles.

First: What do I need, to change the subtitles from one DVD?
    Second: What do I need, to add those subtitles to DVD?

I would like to leave the DVD, to which I am adding/ replacing the subtitles, to remain visibly untouched (menu structure, extras, etc).

Does that mean acting in a different manner, to adding them and not needing things to remain the same? If so, how?

It's just subtitles for the main feature that I am concerned with.

Can someone point me a guide or at least the best tools to do that?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

3. JGR2D2

JGR2D2 Member

Thanks a lot...I was just taking a look at this guide whn I saw your message.

Anyway, I managed to do all steps of the guide and now I have only one problem. The subtitle I've add is out of sync. I tried to use Subtitle Workshop and Time Adjuster but none seems to work very well.

The original DVD is Pal and the subtitle I've got is .srt and seems to be 23,976 FPS So I change it to 25 FPS but still doesn't work. :)

Thanks again. I will keep looking other guides around. :)