1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Softmod Correctly

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Sep 7, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ Humungus

I'm glad you found it as easy I tried to explain it!

As for your clock issue, unless the clock is set correctly, most games won't boot properly either.

As for it defaulting, I think this was an oversight on your behalf prior to starting the softmod process. You probably didn't think about it when you turned the console on and clicked 'Ok'. The Softmod shouldn't affect the clock!

@ Yateball

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. dogwood

dogwood Guest

Chunkhead...can any other version of Splinter Cell be used?

Like SPLINTER CELL DOUBLE AGENT?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  3. Yateball

Yateball Member

No, it must be the original splinter cell, and ideally NOT the platinum hits version.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

It MUST be the original Splintercell, and ANY version of that game will work (Original, Platinum and Classic).

5. dcxbadass

dcxbadass Member

I get the files on my memory card, but then my xbox can't see them, really can't figure out why.
    Any ideas?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Not sure, just keep trying!!!

7. dpop28

dpop28 Member

does it matter what size memory card?

8. mattjk

mattjk Member

I'm trying to install the softmod, but when I try to create MS backup I get an error saying batch process failed: found existing softmod.

any advice?

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

10. droid

droid Member

hello, i have been reading and trying out the mod quietly. i tried 6 memory sticks until i found a winner. Lexmar Jumpdrive Fire Fly 512 mb $14.99 @ wal mart. My concern is this: i transferred files to xbox put in sc and when i go to check points and push A i get a screen that has a 21 in upper left corner and in multiple languages it says "Service Required. Call Customer Support" I restart the console-everything is cool. i have been searching the forums for a similar problem-no dice. can someone help?

11. Yateball

Yateball Member

All I can tell you is that this error code comes up when the xbox isn't able to boot because dashboard changes have been made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).

How to fix it, I'm not entirely sure

12. droid

droid Member

is there a way to determine the source of the problem?

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Did you get the SC files from my software section? As long as you use the correct files and you've had no issue with transferring them across to the Xbox, there should be no issue! You must have missed a step or something!

14. droid

droid Member

i did get the software from the chunkhead thread. i don't believe i missed a step. i was able to get files to xbox succesfully but when i open them i get the error message. is it possible that there was a corrupted file from the software i downloaded?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, the software has been online for a long time, nobody else has had issues, I even use them myself!

So you used a USB stick to transfer the saves, used my USB guide to do it and are using the original splintercell!? Correct?

16. Yateball

Yateball Member

Ya that's what I was thinking too...

It sounds like you're saying you transferred the files to the box and are trying to run them straight from the file manager, where that is not the case.

Like Chunkhead said.... you are using the ORIGINAL Splinter Cell exploit right??

17. dide_101

dide_101 Member

The hardest part of the tutorial which no one can do about is getting all the metarials together. Since the xbox is pretty old some of the attach ments will probably dissapear. You have to really search to find like an xbox memory card or splinter cell

After you've got all of your items it's a maximum of 10 minutes to get the softmod running

THANK YOU SOO MUCH

18. droid

droid Member

yes i followed the instructions, i do have an og version of sc, am i not supposed to copy the files the the hard disc in the xbox? am i supposed to load the files from the memory card? any help would be appreciated.

19. droid

droid Member

here is a stupid question -how many versions of sc are there? i believe it is an original. it has the guy standing up and says tom clancy down the left side.it also says download content from xbox live. is it possibly the wrong version.

20. dide_101

dide_101 Member

well... there are actually 4 game types they are Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and the fourth one is called Splinter Cell Double agent. Then one you're looking for is the one with Sam (splinter cell)standing up and having his night goggles on with a fence behind. the title says Splinter Cell and under it says Stealth action Redefined the ones with the ratings are acceptable but I'm not too sure of the best of platinum hits ones to be on the safe side you should just go with the most previous one (the most previous ones are pretty cheap too. I got mine for 3.99 CAN while the best of platinum hits was 19.99 (prices may vary from store to store.)