1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to span across multiple VCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by raziel666, Oct 15, 2002.

1. raziel666

raziel666 Guest

Yea I just got Cd burner professional 2002 and I downloaded hellraiser 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to span the movie across multiple vcds. If you can help me with this that would be great.

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

use the wizard in TMPGenc, on step 3/5 you have an option for source range.. this is the step where you choose the start and stop frames for each CD..

best of luck!

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, you could also load up Tools TMPGEnc (from file menu) and use Merge and Cut option (in VCD comliant mode) to Cut and Run VCD compliant files. This way you can actually see exactly where the cut will be, ie making it more aesthetic, rather than just cutting in the middle of a chapter!

Paul.

HI VCD, still giving out good advice ;-) Just adding my 2p worth...

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

it's ok Paul, you don't have to worry about offending me, I don't take you seriously.. LoL!

All kidding aside, the reason I suggested the method above is because his source is most likely not VCD compliant MPEG, so he will need to convert, why not convert and split all using the wizard? Also, you get to preview the frames using the source range option method I spoke of, so if you need to convert and split at the same time, it works just as well as the merge and cut option.

;-) and that's my 2 cents.. respect!

5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

What he probably has is an .avi file, which he can load straight into TMPGEnc (provided it is not corrupt) and convert it into VCD compliant .mpg. When done, he can preview the file in the merge and cut function, allowing an aesthetical point to cut, rather than half way through the scene or whatever! I prefer to see where I am cutting.

But you are right. your way it better ;-)

See you.

Paul.