1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Troubleshooting and FAQ for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chunkhead, Jul 18, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yikes!!!

I know I've been away for a while, but the rules still apply...

Please don't post your problems in this thread! Post it in the main forum and correctly label the issue in the title thread (Not "HELP ME PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!", etc)

This not only makes the search function actually find results but it allows myself and others to deal with individual problems with the utmost attention!

Cheers,

Chunkhead

2. slavik19

slavik19 Member

i have a 4gb usn thumb drive an i can make/buy a usn to controler cable where i can have usb on my softmoded xbox.
    if i do all this do you know if i can play games off my usb thumb drive?
    use it as a storage device and just play the xbe of it?
    please help me asap
    thank you

3. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

say chunkhead... i'm having a hard time getting xbmc to read ANY fatx drives. It keeps giving me the "unable to mount drive" error.
    i'm softmodded and using an xbox to usb adapter. And i'm running the latest(or so i think) xbmc version.
    cheers.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

chunkhead, hows it going? Its been a long time since I visited the xbox forums or posted a reply message. Your doing a great job as you constantly keep updating your tutorials and links. My sig gives you proper props and everyone should by placing a line within their sig like I've done. I believe there is no other complete extensive array of tutorials that you've produced anywhere. Keep up the good work!

5. wimpy007

wimpy007 Guest

I have an Error screen when I boot up

Error 5: HDD Unlocked. You need to lock the HDD with the correct eeprom for that Xbox. If you have a softmodded console, click here

i have a chipped xbox.has some toggle switch on front.how do u lock it with chip,and work again,please helpppppppppppppp

6. varnull

varnull Guest

And then 3 muppets who can't read what you very reasonably wrote there chunks XD

Hi LB .. been a while since I saw you in here too :)

7. dragon615

dragon615 Member

How do you get the ROMs to play PS1 games on the XBox?

8. Who_U

Who_U Member

delete please

WRONG THREAD

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  9. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

please delete this then creek and i for got i had that thread lmao i wondered why you was sayin i was multie posting so just to let you know im not sparkie and i dont trust my self with any thing that cane be made into a papper waight ? and have pasence with me im new to all this

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ds_dude - you're really beginning to get on my pip now. Stop multiposting and start reading some of the tutorials instead.
    You obviously have no problems searching as you keep finding the main threads with all the info you need, except you keep posting to them instead of sticking to ONE thread and attacking your own questions one by one. It's not gibberish, it's really easy. Back in November 2007 i knew zip about xboxes and all i did was read chunkhead's stickies - my results are on page 2 of one of the threads you keep spamming - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/557450/4530991

I'll advise you (one more time) to stick to your own thread here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/726268

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  11. varnull

varnull Guest

I love the way muppets keep asking about the psx emulator.. when I wrote a lovely guide to ripping the disks and making the right kind of .img file.. if people search. All at a new years eve as well.

12. dldavis

dldavis Member

do i need a modchip to put a bigger hard drive in my xbox and if i don't can someone give me a link or something that tells me how to put a bigger hard drive in my xbox...THANK YOU

13. thor68372

thor68372 Member

I'm sorry for even havin' to post this guys, but is there a tut that tells me what I have to do, as in "Do this 1st", "Do this 2nd", and so on. No sleep yet....20 hrs.....Been readin' a lot of posts though.Can't seem to find the one that tells me what to do in the correct order. Really appreciate it guys,keep up the kickass work!!

14. thor68372

thor68372 Member

@dldavis-I think you have to format with "unleashx" or else it will come back with data loss on your HDD after you get close to full on your HDD,I'm putting in a 500GB HDD,and still having problems.If I get any other info I'll let ya know.If you learn anything else,post it back up here please!ROCK-ON!! Later!

15. thor68372

thor68372 Member

@ dldavis- Hey try this website-"http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-267.html" just found it myself. good luck!!

16. thor68372

thor68372 Member

I know you moderaters and addicts probably get sick and tired of hearing stupid questions but......here comes another one.What is the first thing I should do after backing up my eeprom to PC?Do I format HDD with "unleashx",And what is the easiest way to use unleashx?There was no "How-To-Use info on the tools list.And if you've got time could you tell me the "2nd"thing i"m supposed to do?thank you so much for your time and patiance.Yep,there are still some ignorant people out here!!LOL!ROCK-ON! Later.

17. thor68372

thor68372 Member

@dldavis- Just found a good tutorial for installing "unleashX".He has Emulators on every partition,includes 'XISO" in the "burn Disk".Check it out and see if it works for you."http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-259.html" Good Luck!ROCK-ON!!

18. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys, i have error 7. can the slayers disc fix this without wiping the disc?

ta

19. Who_U

Who_U Member

i cannot run my slayers disc at all, it keeps coming up to the error 7 window. is this because it is on a cd? i also cannot take it out to hotswap because i have already done that and when i try it will not do it again?? any ideas??

ta

20. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys, me again...

i have copied it onto DVD format, and it still doesn't work?? can it work at all on an unmodded xbox? does it work when the xbox has an ERROR 07? can anybody help me plz??

ta