1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 300i

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by epennypac, Jan 11, 2004.

1. epennypac

epennypac Guest

I just installed a HP DVD 300i in my computer. I'am trying to copy my VHS tapes to DVD+ but when I play them back they are jerky the sound and viedo are not in sync and picture quality of viedo is not good. I'am using a ATI all-in-wonder 128 viedo card and the HP RW disk that came with my 300i. Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks epennypack@gtcinternet.com

2. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

Please give us some more info on your setup/ and settings .

although i'm not familar with the particular hardware the principle is the same.

3. epennypac

epennypac Guest

using ATI Rage theater viedo card
    setting at NTSC_M

4. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

try and find out if you are capturing 352*240 or 720*480 (NTSC) if you are capturing at 352*240 then it will yeild poor results, also what is the captured file type? mpeg1, mpeg2, wmv, avi, ??

and what compression codec are you using for capture?

5. epennypac

epennypac Guest

Where will I find the capture rate, file type and compression codec? I'am using the ArcSoft Showbiz Dvd software that came with my 300i.
    Thanks

6. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

i'm not sure with that particular software, so i will not comment on how to use it SO intead i will recommend you use another capture application,

There are many ones to choose from, and they all have there pro's and con's but one program that i like using and its free and does that job nicely is:

Flycap, just do a yahoo search you'll find it somewere to download it might even be on this website i cant remember.

Anyway dowload it install it, then load it up

and its pretty much self expanitory!

you will get two window one which is the main one and a little preview window where you can see what you are capturing,

You will need to install codecs to your system in order to compress in the desired compression

Basically for example say you wanna capture your video into Divx then jsut download the Divx codec and select that one in the compression window.

There are other capture utilities but this one is small nice and quick, but it cant capture mpeg. Only supports avi capture.

This software has nice little features such as file increment which means that if you select this it will change the file name each time you capture something, so say you set the output file called "crappy" then the next time you capture something it will automatically call it "crappy2" and so on this saves you from "recording" over other stuff you have captured!!

Anyman man keep me updated as you get along!

------Anhar Miah

7. epennypac

epennypac Guest

I will try and find another capture.
    Thanks