1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am new here and I need some help with this SSD problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by budgetgamer, May 25, 2012.

1. budgetgamer

budgetgamer Member

Hello everyone, I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem. First I am going to post the specs of my system and then I am going to state the problem.

System Specs
    AMD A8 3870 APU @ 3GHz (Integrated Radeon HD 6550D)
    GIGABYTE GA-A55M-DS2
    8GB DDR3 G.SKILL SNIPER RAM @ 1600MHz
    OCZ PETROL SATA III 2.5" SSD 64GB
    Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition
    450 watt Generic Power Supply

The problem I am having is the SSD drive mentioned in my specs list sometimes boots up fine and most of the time doesn't boot or detect. This problem is extremely irritating especially because the drive is almost brand spanking new. I tried changing the sata cable same problem. I tried a different power cable same problem. I flashed the mobo bios to a newer version same problem. I updated the firmware on the SSD to the latest one off the OCZ website and still same problem. If I restart the system then the drive boots up great with no problems but if I shut down the system and go to turn it back on an hour later the drive does not boot or detect. I checked all of the other parts in the system and they are running perfectly. I even disconnected the SSD drive and hooked up a regular 80GB sata drive and the system booted up like a charm so I know for a fact that its the SSD that has the problem. Do you think my SSD is defective? Does anyone know how to fix this Booting problem? Also I should mention that when the SSD does decide to Boot it runs perfectly with no issues but that's only when it decides it wants to work. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with regarding this issue.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if under warranty, get it replaced.

3. budgetgamer

budgetgamer Member

thanks for your response =)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.