1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bet no one has ever had this problem before

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by amaze122, Nov 8, 2004.

1. amaze122

amaze122 Member

Sorry for using that uninformative subject, but I just couldn't figure out how to put this... I downloaded two different bit torrent files, one was "Dawn of the Dead", the other was "Saw". They both defaulted to a directory that they named "Video_Ts". The problem is, I did not realize it until it was too late, so now, after four days of downloading, I have the complete dvd files for both, but they (.vob, .bup, .ifo files, etc), are all mixed up in the same directory! I tried sorting them according to "date created", but they were created at the same time. I changed the view of the folder to "details", but again, they have pretty much the same "date" info for both. How do I separate the dvd files for each movie?

2. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

If they all went into the same directory then you're probably hosed. I bet that BitTorrent could have overwritten some files of one movie with some files of the other movie.

You've probably got a mixture of the two and I doubt you got both. Try using TMPGE Express and opening up the first vob file. If it doesn't open then you're hosed. If it does open, then you should be able to output to a separate folder.

3. amaze122

amaze122 Member

You were right dude, some of the files [bold]were[/bold] overwritten. Thanks for the input anyway, tho. };-{0

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Bummer. Unfortunately, all DVDs have the same structure (VIDEO_TS.IFO, etc.) But you probably have one complete version (the last one you unzipped). If you have PowerDVD or whatever PC DVD player, you can just point to the directory folder VIDEO_TS and it will play the movie just as if it were on a DVD. Then after you know which complete movie you have, just open the last VOB files (the ones that may not have been overwritten) to see if it's from the same movie.