1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't play my SVCDs in my standalone DVD player anymore...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Daredev|l, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Daredev|l

Daredev|l Guest

Hi everyone. I used to be able to burn SVCDs from NERO and play them in my standalone DVD player no problem. I still can burn some but others I can't for some reason. I tried some other people's suggestions but they did not work. I have the sound but the picture just rolls, like a VCR when the tracking is off. They play fine on the PC, just the DVD player is giving me that problem. Any ideas please?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

How fast did you burn? (recommended burn speed for (S)VCD us 8x).
    Did you enable "create standard compliant cd"?
    Is your "PBC" funtion enabled on your home dvd player (if applicable)?
    I like BurnAtOnce or VCDEasy to burn my encoded svcd backups.
    BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads/

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  3. Daredev|l

Daredev|l Guest

Thankx for the quick Shoey. I do burn at 8x but I will have to check those other configuations out. I use Nero and I do take the option of "Burn At Once". Is that you mean? Is Nero any good for this? Any ideas as to why some SVCDs will play and and others won't? Really making me crazy. I'm not exactly a novice at this but not god enough at it to give advise so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions. Thankx again. I'll try those things and see what happens. Later.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Are the MPEG2 (SVCD) files encoded [bold] before [/bold] you nurn using Nero? When you burn MPEG2 files using Nero do you have to wait for the encoding process, then burn?
    I've read more "bad" about Nero burning SVCD than good but have read great results using Nero to burn VCD (MPEG1). Are you using good brand cd-r media to make your SVCD backups? I mainly do dvd rips to svcd using DVD2SVCD using CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) and create bin& cue files and use BurnAtOnce to burn (8x).

Shoey :)

5. Daredev|l

Daredev|l Guest

I don't have to wait for any encoding process before it starts to burn. I just gets right to work. As for the media, I just bought a package of Memorex CDs. They're all right, arn't they?

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

NTI CD-Maker or VOB Instant CD/DVD Burner,both have done an excellent job of burning SVCD Disc for me.They both have a wizard which really simplify's every thing.
    Vob allows me to burn 810m/b on 700 disk

7. oak1

oak1 Member

What your problem is, You have your player set to pal and your movie is ntsc or the other way around. At least that is what happens to me. I have a button on my remote P/N to switch from pal to ntsc. Hope that helps