1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't switch user on my windows (actually its more like i dun have the option to)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kenio8185, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

When i restarted my comp i got a blue screen. I couldn't find a way around it without reformatting. I was going to repair but apperently my c: drive was completely deleted. I was ok with that since i save all my good stuff on my D: drive (same HDD with 2 drives).

Anyways so ya i reformatted my c: drive and now the switch user option is not available for me. I tried going through control panel > user accounts > change the way user log off and clicked on "use fast user switching" and then i apply but it doesn't save. I even tried it in safe mode and it still didn't save.

I also tried to type "services.msc" on run and i went to fast user switching from there. When i click on start i get the error message that says:

Could not start the fast user switching compatibility service on local computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

Can someone help?

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Thats weird. the only thing i can think of is to try to reinstall it again or if you have windows xp you can try to download the service packs. If you have like windows 2000 i wouldnt be surprised about this problem because 2000 corrupts itself. if you do have 2000 then i suggest you upgrade.