1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do with this avi.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ricestick, Nov 17, 2007.

1. ricestick

ricestick Member

I am really sure that this may have been discussed many times, but I've looked and tried everything and I don't know what else to do here. I downloaded a TV show episode(avi file) and I can watch it fine in WMP and it'll play on my computer with no problem. I am trying to burn it to a DVD for a friend and I can't make it work. I have done this before with a different avi using TMPG and I didn't have this problem before. TMPG can't pick up the audio from this avi and many other avis that I've downloaded recently. I tried extracting audio using VirtualDub and it's out of sync. (It also said something about having to use full processing mode and when I do, it can't do it) It said something about audio being VBW instead of CBR and I tried to maybe lengthen the out of sync( it was shorter) WAV using WAV editor and it won't even recognize. What gives? I downloaded the trial version of CCE and it can't do it. Is it just me or my computer? If I am able to watch it, that means I have the right codec(s) installed, therefore I shouldn't have this problem, or am I wrong in assuming this? Please help! I hope all this rambling makes sense. Thanks in advance.

J

2. attar

attar Senior member

Convert to DVD format with vsoDivx, then play the output files with your media player to check the sync.
    Burn to DVD with ImgBurn.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Burn dvd with 'ImgBurn'

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Click 'Mode' > 'Build'
    Click 'Output' > 'Device'
    Click 'File' > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Set burning speed to 4x and click the green write button.

3. ricestick

ricestick Member

Thank you so much. It worked flawlessly. I am just being impatient and since you seem to know a lot more than I....(I promised someone to get these shows on DVD for someone and have been trying to do this on my own for 2 weeks now) How would I go about putting multiple AVIs on one DVD. A 40 min show barely took 900MBs. Would I convert them individually, then ise ImgBurn to put them on a single DVD Or is there a way to do that first in vsoDivx? or is it even possible using these two programs that you mentioned? Thank you so much again.

4. attar

attar Senior member

You can keep adding them into VSO, but remember the running time.
    Each new title will play one after the other - there is no menu.

If the output folder size is more that 4.3GB, it can be shrinked to fit a standard DVD-5 with 'DVD Shrink' - but now you start to lose quality.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  5. ricestick

ricestick Member

I downloaded ConvertXtoDVD and it works pretty much the same way except it'a all in one solution. Put blank DVD in, and BAM! it's done. (VSO prompted me to update and it took me to Convert website.) I downloaded somewhere else though =) Thank you so much for your help.

J

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

ricestick,
    You are absolutely right! ConvertXtoDVD has support for a lot of various formats. DVDFlick is another one that is nearly identical to this.